Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join us for a unique 12-week paid internship at the IBM Research – Africa lab in Nairobi, that offers personal and professional development including mentorship from leading technology engineers and researchers. This program will give you an opportunity to create, maintain and support world-class applications and/or infrastructure as well as work on meaningful technology solutions, develop scalable software systems, interact and collaborate with top research scientists and developers in AI, health informatics, statistics, among others – all of which requires research, asking the right questions, curiosity, and thinking outside the box.
We are seeking candidates with proven interest and experience in implementing innovative software solutions and applications. The work you do will be required to do is to accelerate discoveries in healthcare and life sciences or climate and sustainability. You will also deliver production level-code to support the commercialization of the resulting assets. Demonstrated communication skills are essential. The typical candidate is pursuing an advanced degree in computer science, life science, climate science, or a related field.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
- Domain knowledge related to Life Science, Drug Discovery, Healthcare, or Climate and Sustainability
- Experience in machine learning, NLP, or deep learning packages
- Track record of publications in machine learning or domain specific conferences / journals
- Experience in computational modeling of molecules, materials, or systems
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience in drug discovery, biomarker discovery, or climate impact modeling
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ph.D candidates within 1-2 years of graduation