Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
If you are passionate about the technology industry and want to work for a company that aligns with your interests, we might be the place for you! Canonical, and our world class Ubuntu product, attracts some of the leading talent from around the world. Come and work with exceptional people and advance your career in Finance!
Our Finance team is growing and it’s a really exciting time to join the team. We are looking for bright, motivated people who have a passion for making a difference. You will be seeking an opportunity to drive process improvements and change, input your ideas and truly contribute to a highly productive team.
We are looking for an exceptional Accountant with IFRS experience to help us ready the business for public market scrutiny through our planned IPO. The right candidate will have domain expertise and a passion for IFRS 15 or ASC 606.
Location: This role may be office based in London, or Remote in EMEA or Americas Time Zones.
What your day will look like
- Assist in the month end reporting process to deliver timely and accurate information
- Have full responsibility for a part of the revenue recognition process relevant to your strengths
- Assist with the year end audit process and statutory reporting
- Support the finance team’s wider plans to prepare for an IPO
- Improve the efficiency of financial processes and procedures and monitor compliance
- Share knowledge between team members to ensure cover is available when needed
- Actively develop your own skills to ensure current knowledge of applicable standards and regulations
- Establish strong relationships with key colleagues outside the wider finance team
What we are looking for in you
- Exceptional academic track record and subsequent career performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, ACMA, CPA, etc.)
- IFRS 15/ASC 606 revenue recognition experience
- Experience at a large public accounting firm, or public multinational corporate accounting department preferred
- NetSuite or similar systems experience a plus
- Willingness to travel up to four times per year