Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The University seeks to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual to fill the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Finance and Administration (DVC-FA). Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, the DVC-FA will be responsible for the continuous development and implementation of sound financial and administrative strategies, policies and frameworks to ensure the University realises its mission and objectives.
The successful role holder will be expected to, among other things:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the departments within the division incl. Finance, ICT, Human Resources, General Administration and Marketing.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the University’s strategic and business plans.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate preparation, approval, implementation, and review of budgets, financial reports, and forecasts.
- Develop the structures, systems and culture that enables the University to attract, develop and retain the best human resources.
- Oversee the development and deployment of a dynamic and responsive ICT strategy and investments.
- Develop and oversee a resource mobilization strategy that supports the diverse needs of the University and its stakeholders.
- Drive the growth of partnerships and alternative revenue streams.
- Oversee the development and execution of an effective growth-oriented marketing strategy.
- Oversee engagements with internal and external stakeholders of the University on various management and technical issues.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- An MBA or equivalent degree earned from a recognised University.
- Candidates with a PhD/Doctorate degree will have an added advantage.
- Significant experience at the University or similar tertiary organisation in either full time or adjunct capacity.
- At least five (5) years management experience in industry (outside Academia), with exposure to hands-on financial and operational management practices.
- Proven track record of success in previous management-level roles.
- Active membership of a business related professional association will be an added advantage.
- The role requires individuals who can demonstrate a track record of:
- Spearheading prudent financial management.
- Driving change and achieving organisational growth.
- Developing, managing, and motivating teams to deliver excellence.
- Leading strategic projects.
- Working with Boards and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of strategic planning and strategic thinking.
The desired candidate must demonstrate the following attributes, among others:
- High integrity and professionalism.
- Strong work ethics.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance and Administration) shall hold office for a period of five (5) years with the possibility of a one-time renewal for a further term of five years subject to a positive appraisal. The University offers a very competitive remuneration package.
Method of Application
To apply for the position, please submit an application letter highlighting your motivation for the position, relevant experiences, and your concise vision for the position. Please also attach a copy of your CV/Resume, as well as copies of academic qualifications a nd other relevant testimonials. Please note that if you are successful, you may be required to submit some or all of the following: Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Self-Declaration form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; Clearance from the Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct). Please submit your application through email@example.com by COB on Friday, 24th March 2023.
You must be logged in to post a comment.