Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The Rockefeller Foundation leverages science, innovation, and technology to empower vulnerable families locked out of prosperity to improve their lives and prospects. We invest in solutions in the areas of health, food, power, and economic mobility, and forge partnerships to bring those solutions to scale around the world.
The Regional Office in Nairobi deepens the Foundation’s footprint across Africa in service of the Foundation’s programmatic work by cultivating and managing key stakeholder relationships, making catalytic investments, and engaging governments and regional bodies to influence policy that creates enabling environments. As the representative of the Foundation in the region, the Regional Office seeks to enhance the Foundation’s share of voice, thought leadership, and engagement in the region.
The Office of the Vice-President, Africa is offering an internship for Kenya-based candidates who combine solid academic credentials with curiosity, creativity, and passion for social impact. We value our interns and want to invest in and mentor future leaders who will grow personally and professionally and create an impact in the philanthropic sector. As an intern at The Rockefeller Foundation, you will have the chance to contribute to the Regional Office’s mandate by engaging in meaningful work assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Office of the VP with researching and synthesizing regional priorities with a focus on climate, health, and power
- Capture notes and clear next steps during the VP and/or Director’s engagements with external stakeholders
- Ensure alignment across initiatives in the Africa Regional Office i.e., Food, Health, and Power & Climate
- Participate in field visits to current grantees and synthesize field trip reports
- Assist the VP’s office with preparing briefing materials for engagements
- Support the development, due diligence, and stewarding of grants
- Assist in any other roles as assigned by the Foundation
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program in one of the following areas: international relations, political science, business, entrepreneurship, or a related field
- Interest or experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Strong research and analytical capabilities; able to think strategically about opportunities to advance The Foundation’s priorities
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative, innovative, eager to learn, and interested in how Foundations create and execute strategies while working alongside partners.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- A team player with a self-drive in providing solutions to demanding tasks with tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bias for Action: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Decision Quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Plans and Aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Values Differences: Recognizes the value of different perspectives and commits to inclusion, equity, and diversity in every aspect of work.
You must be logged in to post a comment.