Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- As a HR & Compliance Officer, your job is to work support line managers to analyse departmental business requirements, identify skills gaps within the staff establishments, and work with the relevant parties to equip knowledge, practical skills and motivation required for the staff to carry out their work activities effectively. You will take a strategic approach to training, assessing the skills and knowledge within the organization and determining what training are needed to grow and retain these skills. As a Compliance Officer, you will ensure a safe work environment by maintaining OSH administrative processes, conducting basic OSH training and effectively using a range of OSH tools and processes to implement OSH programs and drive compliance.
Human Resource Management
- Support the HR department in the implementations & follow ups of all HR initiatives.
- Identify training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and with regular consultation with line managers and human resources departments
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organization and the individuals.
- Be the ambassador for change management for the middle management team.
- Work in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organization, such as line managers and senior managers.
- Consider the costs of planned training and development programmes and keep within budgets.
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Develop effective induction programmes for new staff, apprentices and graduate trainees
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers
- Devise individual learning plans
- Support line managers in conducting performance reviews.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses
- Create and/or deliver a range of training using classroom, online and blended learning
- Manage the delivery of training and development programmes
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluate training and development programmes
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Devise a training strategy for the organization
- The safety officer is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective operation of any and all areas and facilities in the organization
- Identify and assess hazards, risks and control measures for a specific operation or process
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects within the organization.
- Conduct ongoing review of operations and processes to identify potential hazards, risks and control measures that should be implemented to reduce these risks, including all costs involved in implementing such measures.
- Assess and document hazards, risks and controls in a manner consistent with established procedures and practices.
- Health officers carry out investigations on incidents, complaints, and recurrent health cases to identify and provide solutions to workplace situations.
- Monitor the safe handling, storage & disposal of hazardous materials.
- Ensure that all company employees meet all OSHA requirements.
- Facilitate OSHA training to employees within the different section as necessary.
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
- Creating analytical reports of safety data
- Ensure that health, safety, and environmental policies are followed.
- Investigate causes of workplace accidents and injuries and refer them to the proper authorities.
- Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
- Reviewing and reporting on the staff’s compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on performance
- Usually, safety officers maintain accurate records of incidents and inspection findings in order to prepare reports useful in taking strategic safety decisions. They prepare and mount safety signs at appropriate locations to indicate potential hazard.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 6 years of human resource management experience preferred, with 3 years in similar role.
- Very strong in staff Learning/Training & Development and HR Compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of implementation general workplace compliance to safety standards