Rose Avenue Group
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Our client, a leading Micro Finance Bank in Kenya is looking to hire Project Manager. This role is responsible for managing projects across businesses and functions, to meet strategic business objectives. The role incumbent is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating projects according to predetermined methodologies, timelines and budgets. Typically reporting into a Business Project Manager/ Program Manager, this role is expected to recruit and manage project teams, ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycle. He/she will be expected to work on medium complexity projects, typically projects with a single focus.
- Department: Information Technology
- Reports To: Head of IT
- Understand the business requirements/brief and objectives/benefits for a new project and based thereon contract with the project stakeholders on parameters that define the technical and business scope of the project.
- With the required background from business case / requirements, document the project scope within the PID
Change Request & Change Control
- Manage the change control process by undertaking the following:
- Be aware of potential changes to the baseline scope of the project that may require the initiation of the change control process.
- Understand and communicate to project stakeholders the impact (i.e., time / cost) of these changes to the project.
- Initiate the change control process and get necessary approvals.
- Re-baseline changes to project schedule, plan, business case/benefits plan and costs
- Ensure change log is updated.
Project Planning & Execution
- Assist with / co-facilitate initiation engagement and agreement with SME’s / business owners (project stakeholders) surrounding business case translation into project components, approach, key stakeholders etc.
- Establishes the target project plan.
- Undertake required analysis to formulate and sign-off the project schedule.
- Utilize the outcome from the engagement session with Business owners / PM (project stakeholders) as well as the project schedule to augment the PID.
- Monitor, control and manage the execution of the project according to the plan.
- Facilitate project meetings and undertake required reporting on project status and performance
- Confirm and adhere to the quality approach to achieving quality including quality standards, controls and governances, processes and measures and build these into the project plan.
- Execute on quality components through duration of the project. Correct and / or escalate non-compliance to quality components timeously.
Project Expense & Benefits Management
- Undertake sound cost and benefits management and controls of the project through:
- Sound cost estimation based on effort estimation (project scoping).
- Refine cost options and engage with PM / business owner (project stakeholders) to finalize the budget.
- Establish a baseline to control the costs of the project throughout the project life cycle.
- Facilitate cost-benefit analysis to determine ROI for project.
- Track benefit metrics as agreed with PM / business owner.
- Update the project business case with the changing scenarios and plans.
- Create a robust project budget.
- Manage budget and monitor expenses and costs.
- Undertake forecasting and reporting on projected project costs.
- Undertake monthly budget reconciliations, corrections etc.
- Instill and drive practices, culture and processes for cost saving and efficiency through the project life cycle
Risk, Opportunity & Issue Management
- Undertake ongoing identification, assessment and monitoring of all project risks / opportunities / issues to determine their relevance and impact on the project.
- Communicate and create awareness of any relevant issues / risks / opportunity with the project team.
- Facilitate a process with stakeholders to identify and plan sound risk mitigation and contingency solutions.
- Communicate these to individuals in accordance with the escalation process.
- Monitor and ensure implementation of these plans.
- Monitor and drive these solutions to ensure their effective implementation, and update project plans if required
- Develop a stakeholder management plan that will effectively engage with key stakeholders / vendors relevant to the project over the project life cycle.
- Execute the stakeholder management plan by engaging, communicating, influencing commitment / alignment for decisions and actions that will ensure project success.
- Manage competing demands from stakeholders and negotiate conflicts to find workable solutions.
- Understand and ensure adherence to all governance structures and approval protocols for project decisions.
- Plan and execute proper project communication processes / management, largely within the project structure, over the course of the project life cycle including communication channels and methods that will be used to share the project performance data, project progress.
- Ensure there is an appropriate change management plan and process followed for the project.
Procurement & Contract Management
- Understand the terms and conditions of the vendor contract(s) being used on the project
- Manage cost, quality, and delivery of work, according to the contract terms over its duration.
- Ongoing vendor and contract management (at an operational level) oversight for the duration of the contract on the project. Address and escalate any issues timeously.
- Build and manage an effective project team in terms of:
- Positive team culture, dynamics and values, and team conflicts.
- Resource allocation, skills identification and development
- Contracting, monitoring, management and delivery of project tasks and outcomes
- Recognition, motivation and support (wellness)
- Minimum; University Degree in related studies
- 6 years relevant experience. Experience in implementing and managing projects in environments using Industry leading Core Banking systems
- Accredited Project Management Certification e.g., PMP, Prince2, Agile Methodologies
- Project management certification e.g., Prince2, PMP, Agile Methodologies
- Project Management experience with proven expertise in Agile methodologies, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Experience leveraging software development and team collaboration tools like MS projects, Smartsheet, google spread sheets etc.
- Empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “customer first”.
- Experience managing technical programs and projects for distributed teams across multiple locations and countries is a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills – role will be responsible for intra-team and inter-team communication, as well as status reporting and risk event updates, so the incumbent must have strong written and verbal English skills.
- Flexibility to respond to changing requirements and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently – includes ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- This role requires high Emotional Quotient (EQ), comfort in taking ownership, and the ability to understand when escalation is needed.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others who are learning project management and Agile practices in a replicable, scalable way.
- Knowledge and understanding of Core Banking systems is an added advantage.
- Good data analytical skills, both financial and non-financial Solution.
You must be logged in to post a comment.