Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual for the position of correspondent.
He/she will be required to source, generate, package, and present the news. He/she will report to the News Editor
Available Vacancies: One (1)
Key roles & responsibilities
- Ability to shoot visual content, report, write, edit and produce stories on deadline for multiple platforms – TV, Radio, digital, and social media platforms
- Offer creative and innovative ideas for elevated storytelling
- Excellent writing skills, with solid news judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences, and other sources
- Generating ideas to head of desks, editors, and producers
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines, and special reports
- Superior on-camera presentation
- Capture quality footage
- Edit footage as needed
- Provide practical and creative input to scene planning
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree in journalism, mass communications, or any other related field
- At least two years of relevant experience as a reporter/correspondent in a busy media house.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili (Attach English and Swahili demos ( Audio and Video)
- An edge for news or features, the ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative, and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, voice demo, and application to
email@example.com by Friday 23rd September 2022.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD-CORRKWALE-9-2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.