Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Regional, Human Resource Manager
Job Summary: Reporting to Snr. Regional Human Resource Manager, The Regional HR Manager is responsible for the implementation of HR strategies, effective delivery of HR services and management of HR programs. Interpretation and application of HR policies; rules and regulations; facilitation of internal procedures and process solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The Regional HR Manager promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale. He/she is to support formulation of solid HR strategies for Africa Region and supports the implementation of project human resources initiatives to attract, develop, motivate and retain the most suitable talent for the projects and facilitate a successful performance management program. Performs as project HR Manager as needed.
- Provide operational HR guidance to project HR teams and project leadership while supporting the HR planning process for effective HR programing in the region
- Lead HR programs for designated projects in collaboration with Centre’s of excellence; in areas of Learning and Development, HR Change Management, Dynamic Development, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management and any other HR initiatives for the Africa Region projects.
- Review and approve Employment Administration requests in Service Now, CONNECT and any other HRIS for designated country’s/projects/assignments. Backs up the Regional HR Team as needed.
- Work in concert with the Snr Regional Human Resource manager on all aspects of HR Management in the region; including mobilizing HR capacity support to projects and also setting HR strategic priorities in the region.
- Support the Snr Regional Human Resource manager in coordinating regional activities such as due diligence, performance management, compensation and benefit reviews, HRIS projects, HR assessments, capacity building, and training
- Serve as advisor to the Project HRMs and Project Directors on HR technical, organizational and management level issues for projects in assigned countries in the region
- Review, disseminate and ensure full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks, benefit summaries, salary scales etc. and ensures they are in tandem with local labor laws, USAID rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework and proper functioning of the HR policy framework.
- Provide oversight and direct support to project HR staff in the management and administration of HR activities including recruitment, orientation, compensation, benefits and performance management, employee relations etc in designated countries
- Drive innovation and a focus on continuous improvement for HR programs in the region as a valued member of the Africa HR team and RTI HR organization
- Works in close collaboration with the RTI Centers of Excellence for RTI project efficiency and effective HR programs
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 12 years’ related experience; MA degree and 9 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of and experience in international HR.
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, project staff, and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Able to support and respond to the needs of the project HR teams as quickly as possible to enable consistent project service delivery
- Ability to read and speak additional languages (i.e. French) is an advantage
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and a matrix organization which requires the ability to meet unexpected demands.
- Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization.
- Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite, SAGE payroll system and Oracle HR systems.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel outside country of residence.
EEO & Pay Equity Statements
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.