Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Reporting to the Principal Engineer-Transmission Planning Capacity and Optimization, the role holder will be responsible for modeling, planning, design, and optimization of reliable transmission systems /networks in support of fixed services (enterprise and consumer) and back haul requirements for mobile services.
- Delivery of timely and quality Transmission and IP Solutions on Fiber, Microwave, Vsat, IPRAN DWDM, GPON etc. Plans within the project schedule and with the correct constraints (capacity thresholds, reliability etc.)
- Compilation of topology maps, schematics, Google route, building entry points & floor plans in GIS formats.
- Optimal Transmission design and implementation plans that save on CAPEX and NOPEX requirements.
- Maintain accurate Transmission and IP routing plans meeting the service descriptions such as reliability and redundancy.
- Review of BOQs against the designs for Fiber, Microwave, IPRAN, GPON, and DWDM projects.
- Supplier Management, Analysis of Subcontractors quotations & contracts and Process management with SLA setting with Supplier, Subcontractors, and other 3rd parties.
- Monitoring capacity threshold per route in line with set KPIs (70%) booking on links, fiber cores and ducts.
- Ensure reliability of planned design to achieve accurate, timely and economical plans e.g., performance of link against link design specs once built.
- Ensuring accurate, up-to date database documentation on network planning, design, implementation in addition to capacity planning, Routings, RFIs and fiber core provisioning in TIBCO, Connect Master, Cell base, Map info, atoll, NQMS, OSP Insight etc.
- Schedule periodical audit function of on-ground data against database.
- Follow proper process with Regulators and Government Authorities and ensure accurate records are maintained for Spectrum usage with CA etc.
- Evaluate reliability and cost effectiveness of trials introduced in the network and their ability to keep up with emerging technologies.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, or related field.
- IP Certification e.g., CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 2 years in a specialized role in a busy telecommunications environment–Involved in Strategy Modeling, Planning, Design and Optimization of reliable transmission systems /networks.
- Knowledge in transport/data communication planning design and optimization tools.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Excellent Attention to details.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Project management and business cases development.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
You must be logged in to post a comment.