Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Team Lead Infrastructure Operations & Security Remediations, the position holder shall implement and support Core IT infrastructure including the data centers, operating systems, servers, storage, SAN, backups, cloud computing, collocation, and collaboration systems such as email and Teams.
- Working in an agile environment and utilizing relevant tools such as Jira & Confluence.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of servers based on Windows, UNIX/Linux and Virtualization which includes quick response, problem resolution and escalation of issues.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Analysis of server/storage hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and patching.
- Collaborating with the team and various stakeholders to identify technical problems, design solutions for them and help implement where required. This involves collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff
- Operations of backup tools, respective hardware and software assurance and testing of disk and data recovery. In case of issues offer prompt restoration of lost data for the business.
- Remediation of Security, Compliance and Audit Issues within the Core Infrastructure
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Redhat virtualization.
- 4+ Years’ Experience as Systems administrator, Network administrator or analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux server environment
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and UNIX/Linux enterprise hardware and storage.
- Experience in enterprise SAN/NAS storage and SAN Directors management.
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Attention to details and analytical thinking
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
Certification in any of the following Systems and Network or related trainings is an added advantage
- SAN Storage Certification
- Cloud Technology Associate
- Cloud Administrator
- Cloud Security & Governance
- Certified in Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)
- Cloud Architect,
- Virtualized Infrastructure Specialist
- Network certification e.g. CCNA, CCNP
- UNIX/Linux certification e.g. VCP