IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
M-Pesa is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. Starting from 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked could make digital payments. M-Pesa has now grown to offer over 50 million active customers Financial Services, Enterprise, Merchant and Retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
M-Pesa Africa is now making strides to deepen and strengthen its offering to consumers and businesses in our operating countries, making it easier for them to manage their money and get more from their resources.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Service Operations Centre (SOC) team. Specifically, you will be tasked with ensuring that the Operations Centre runs efficiently without interruption. You will primarily deals with Users, Customers, Vendors, Engineers and the whole technical team.
Key Role Responsibilities
Lead the Service Operations Centre team
- Direct supervision of SOC team members
- Report on key metrics of availability, incident resolution and service delivery performance
- Manage and document Standards, Policies, and Processes for the SOC based on best practices
- Perform regular process improvement reviews to ensure ongoing optimization
Incident and Event Management
- Responsible for ensuring efficient resolution of incidents through people, process and technology.
- Ensure correct categorization of calls to reduce SLA breaches and downtime
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication on service impacting events.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications
- Responsible for the process to effectively monitor all services that ensures compliance with Tier model and SLAs
- Responsible for toolsets required to provide event management services
- Ensure maximum exploitation toolsets within Vodacom catalogue for monitoring
Ad-Hoc Project Management
- Manage projects to upgrade and maintain NOC technologies (SolarWinds, Splunk, etc).
- Assist with various service-related projects as requested.
Apply if you have:
- Degree Qualification – Preferably STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3+ years team or project management experience
- Experience with monitoring technologies including Splunk, SolarWinds.
- Monitoring or troubleshooting experience for business-critical and revenue-generating platforms
- System administration and troubleshooting of Linux, Unix and Windows
- Experience implementing and maintaining monitoring policies and best practices
- Demonstrated ability of industry standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma).
- Prior experience working with Site 24×7 and AlertSite
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your updated resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing: 7 Dec, 2022