IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About the Job:
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for advocating, standardizing, documenting, and monitoring compliance through Sama security tools and platforms, controls, policies, standards, and procedures. In this role, you will be working with the GPL program teams and senior leadership to achieve and maintain program SOW adherence, governance, and other regulatory framework requirements such as GDPR, TISAX & CCPA and industry certifications (namely but not limited to SOC2, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, ISO 22301).
You will also be responsible for driving our current compliance efforts to ensure the timely completion of all audits and standardise and accelerate the management of audits to avoid gaps and duplication of effort. This includes managing the external & internal audit plans, updating existing controls, assisting in maintaining certifications, and mapping to future certifications.
- Develop and own a plan to drive SOW adherence and remediation steps, and develop and provide internal stakeholder training on SOW compliance policies, SLAs, and reporting practices.
- Ensure that every customer/3rd party audit is a zero-issue audit, meaning that Sama is 100% compliant with customer SOWs.
- Highlight any risks to SOW compliance as business needs change due to SOW amendments, workflow changes, business growth and expansion, etc.
- Support and evaluate the performance of team’s performance and adherence to SOW.
- Import, manage, and standardize audits across the organization using Sama tools and systems with the goal of reducing duplication and improving audit efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with all business functions to understand all compliance requirements, develop and maintain compliance roadmap & strategy
- Develop and maintain compliance documentation, policies, guidelines, frameworks, standards, and procedures.
- Communicate policies and procedures to stakeholders inside the company.
- Support in the implementation of compliance & security standards, regulations, and best practices for the organization namely but not limited to SOC2, ISO 27001, CCPA, and GDPR as necessary.
- Support global compliance & security awareness strategy and programs fostering a culture where compliance & security is everyone’s responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with critical controls on a regular basis.
- Own audit activities with external and internal auditors and coordinate with internal teams to respond to all inquiries. This could be audited for client requirements, ISO standards, and any other applicable audit requirements.
- Assist with the facilitation of certifications which include, but are not limited to, ISO 9001, BCP, and ISO 27001.
- Define team-level SLA requirements to meet business needs according to the SOW.
- Identifying gaps with controls assigned to Sama teams.
- Assist in determining whether supplied artifact(s) by teams meets SOC, CCPA, ISO, GDPR & client SOW requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business-related field
- 2-3 years of experience in a compliance role and or security auditing role
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures, and other relevant regulatory standards.
- Strong analytical, investigative and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Documenting and reporting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Certification as ISO auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 27001 & ISO 22301.
- Certification in risk & compliance management is an added advantage
- Projects involving coordinated efforts across large cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with CCPA & GDPR
- Interest and desire to obtain CISSP, CISA, or other globally recognized security, compliance, or audit certifications.
Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we’ve impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
- Featured in Forbes: How Ethical Is Your AI?
- Sama Honored on Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies — the Inc. 5000
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal – Deliver. Period. – Trust & Transparency – Customer First – Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.