IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Human Resource Business Partner
About the Job:
Sama is searching for a talented Human Resource professional to support our People Operations function and make the most out of our capabilities in the People Operations Business Unit. As the HRBP, you are a strong strategist & a roll-up-sleeves HR Practitioner who enjoys working directly with our teams and other stakeholders to solve challenges. You will act as a thought partner and guide Sama through the employee journey from learning and development to talent management. You will be a part of the Global People Team, ensuring that your innovative ideas result in a smooth experience for Sama employees.
- Partner and consult with line management and provide best practices and guidance in optimising people’s experience and operations.
- Analyze trends and metrics with the People Operations Department.
- Resolve complex employee development issues.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with the business to design career paths and support in promoting talent from within Sama.
- Provide HR policy guidance.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals.
- Evaluate training programs.
- Suggest new HR strategies.
- Implementing policies that give all employees equal opportunities to speak up when they face issues on the job and give them the chance to participate in challenging multi-team projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field; a Postgraduate qualification in Human resources/People Management/People Development is also desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in HR/People Operations.
- Proven work experience as an HR business partner; with working knowledge of Learning and Development, and Talent Management functions.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Analytical and goal-oriented; a strong bias toward action.
- Deep commitment to building ethical, world-class company teams.
Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we’ve impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
- Featured in Forbes: How Ethical Is Your AI?
- Sama Honored on Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies — the Inc. 5000
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal – Deliver. Period. – Trust & Transparency – Customer First – Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.