Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Procurement Manager to oversee procurement in the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) department in Regen Organic’s upcoming and existing facilities. The role’s key objectives are: procurement strategy and framework management; vendor sourcing and engagement; Vendor quality and technical support; Financial accountability and support
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the procurement team to complete project and company goals.
- Develop framework, standards and templates for internal procurement management processes.
- Provide training and feedback to project teams to ensure full adoption of the procurement framework.
- Engage all internal and external stakeholders to ensure procurement blocks are flagged and cleared in a timely manner.
Procurement strategy and framework management
- Developing procurement strategies for projects, new equipment orders and existing equipment spare parts.
- Take lead in creating, documenting and updating technical procurement processes.
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive vendor database of contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Develop a robust procurement framework and eliminate waste within procurement processes.
- Lead end to end problem solving related to sourcing, procurement and delivery of technical products/services.
- Build positive relationships with engineers, operational managers, finance team and vendors, to foster harmony between the sourcing, payment and use of procured items.
Vendor sourcing and engagement
- Conduct extensive research on potential sources of project equipment and spare parts by ensuring that prices are competitive and specifications meet requirements.
- Develop vendor selection criteria and coordinate vendor onboarding.
- Perform vendor shortlisting to select suppliers that will meet the Sanergy quality standards.
- Prepare and issue RFPs and RFQs, obtain quotes and proposals from shortlisted vendors.
- Conduct bid analysis, issuing reports that include recommendations on intended purchases.
- Negotiate costs and delivery timelines to ensure project budget and timelines are met.
- Arrange, attend and/or chair vendor meetings with technical team members, ensuring requests are responded to within agreed timescales.
- Support in contract development and review, negotiating contractual terms with vendors through to sign off.
Vendor quality and technical support
- Coordination with engineers to ensure equipment suppliers meet quality requirements before payments are released.
- Support with preparation of purchase requests / purchase orders on the Sanergy systems.
- Work with the logistics team to ensure equipment are safely packaged and shipped to Kenya.
- Assess supplier performance based on quality, costs, delivery and service.
- Participate in troubleshooting activities, plant and equipment commissioning, coordinating with engineers to measure adherence to specifications.
- Report any complaints or concerns raised by stakeholders and address them with vendors for resolution.
Financial accountability and support
- Ensure all procurement is within set budgets
- Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers to obtain the right quality at the right price.
- Organize various procurement requests from the engineering team.
- Liaise with other departments including finance to ensure all payments are done on time
- Actively participate in value engineering exercises to ensure best value for the organization.
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity Survey and/or relevant work experience in technical procurement.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement of equipment or parts for processing units.
- Knowledge of engineering & construction principles.
- Experience in building strong relationships with vendors and contract negotiation.
- Experience in import/export requirements to Kenya.
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Sanergy in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
You must be logged in to post a comment.