Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The role holder will belong to the Award Management and Donor Compliance team within the SCI Led Funding sub-team that provides award management support on Centre managed awards. This role will work in close collaboration with the Humanitarian team, the Programme Funding and Institutional Partnerships team, and Finance, within Save the Children International (SCI) Centre, providing award management advisory support on good humanitarian award management, working with Centre humanitarian teams to identify award management approaches for any new funds to be secured via the Centre (in particular with the transition of OHT) and working with the team to ensure awards management level of effort required is clear to provide good business partnering support. This is a key role supporting the Head of Awards, SCI Led Funding on the operational management, continuous improvement and standards setting required within humanitarian awards as part of the Centre operating model accountabilities.
They will also provide support to the SCI team, SCI regional offices and Save the Children member offices in processing, managing, monitoring, and reporting on emergency funding, ensuring compliance and accountability.
This position may occasionally require travel to Save the Children International country or regional offices to support emergency response operations. This role may also be required to work flexibly/non-standard hours in cases of rapid onset or other large scale emergencies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with award portfolio management and knowledge of major compliance requirements
- Experience communicating with impact in a complex stakeholder environment
- Problem solving skills to identify and lead the resolution of issues including sustainable, continuous improvement
- Ability to understand grant budgets and analyse financial reports
- Proven influencing skills with the ability to communicate compliance requirements to stakeholders in the most appropriate way
- Computer literate, with excellent Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to draw out complex data from various sources
- Strong team skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels both within and outside the team
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, flexible, able to improvise and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent planning, management, and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Basic understanding of operational programming, including the realities of the context
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing or working with multicultural teams
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the grant (award) management cycle
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and an awareness of what constitutes good practice
- Demonstrable interest in humanitarian response work
- Ability to travel, possibly at short notice, up to 20% of the time to Save the Children International regional and country offices, potentially to remote and insecure locations.
- Experience of staff supervision (work plan/task management) to ensure the team delivers on what is expected (either as a direct line manager or managing a project/workload/deliverables requiring others’ delivery)
- Experience in financial accounting
- Experience of working in a complex international organisation
- Experience working for Save the Children
- Experience working in emergency responses, and strong understanding of humanitarian response activities and emergency management cycles
- Language skills, alongside English, particular in Spanish, French, or Arabic
You must be logged in to post a comment.