Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Humanitarian Specialist – Cash & Vouchers in London, UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide (remote)
This position will serve as a technical advisor in Save the Children’s Humanitarian Cash and Voucher team. The Humanitarian Specialist will provide technical and operational advice to Save the Children’s Cash and Voucher (CVA) portfolio to ensure that multi-sectoral CVA humanitarian awards are of high quality, technically sound, and responsive to the needs of vulnerable children and their families. You will play a critical role in transferring capacity and experience from headquarters to Country Offices as Save the Children expands its commitment to localization both internally and as part of its global Grand Bargain commitments.
The Humanitarian Specialist will be expected to travel regularly and work directly with staff in COs and partners.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- French and/or Arabic written and spoken language skills highly valued;
- CaLP Level 1 or Level 2 certificate;
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing humanitarian preparedness, asset protection, disaster risk reduction, food security, and nutrition programs;
- Experience developing and conducting training programs for field staff including curriculum design, presentation and teaching skills, and training-of-trainers methods;
- Experience in program design and proposal writing with non-USAID awards, including PRM, UNHCR, WFP, ECHO, EU, and others;
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical software and data visualization tools;
- Experience developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures, Feasibility and Risk Assessments, Delivery Mechanism Assessments, and other operational policies or procedures for the identification and implementation of CVA opportunities;
- Understanding of operational considerations that influence the efficiency and appropriateness of digital cash or voucher delivery platforms;
- Experience writing and disseminating reports and fact sheets/case studies, and
- Experience using KoBo Toolbox, ODK, or other mobile data collection software.
We can offer circa £40,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
You must be logged in to post a comment.