Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
The program Support Assistant is responsible for supporting the program support officer in management of vehicle fleet, assets, communications and procurement to ensure effective, transparent and accountable program support to the Save the Children Garissa area office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Assist program support officer in managing procurement requirements of the field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with country office if procurement must be conducted there
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- All arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively.
- Acknowledge reception of items in good order and condition
- Count and record the quantity on appropriate documentation
- Cross-check quantities and quality in accordance with delivery documents and planned reception
- Supervise loading and offloading of delivery and distribution trucks
- Ensure proper storage of commodities in shelves or pallets not to exceed maximum stack heights
- Ensure organization of the items by type, shipment, FEFO & FIFO.
- Keep clean the store and secure stocks
- Enter all data into stock and bin cards
- Update warehouse operation data into the Warehouse management software (TIM)
- Conduct of cyclic counts and inventories in accordance to project schedule
- Planning of the needs and requisition of re-supplies
- Check and maintain Store security measures, e.g. locks, windows, and maintain SCI key management policy.
- Ensure that SCI and hired vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up an drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers.
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposal
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Report any defective communication equipment or service and check on running costs with program support officer to ensure no misuse occurs.
- Report any defective IT or office equipment to the program support officer
- Develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Garissa
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Logistics/Procurement,Supply Chain Management, Business management or relevant qualification.
- 2 years experience in procurement and Supply Chain with INGO, Government or private sector
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Proactive approach and demonstrable ability function well under pressure
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili and local languages
Deadline 29 Sep 2022 – 02:59 EAT
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated