This job has been expired
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Technical Aspects – 70%
- Rationalizing organization resources to maximize use and reduce spend.
- Receiving and reviewing requisitions from users to confirm that specifications are clear.
- Supplier audit/appraisal and relationship management.
- Purchase goods and services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization
- Negotiate for better contractual terms of supply, contracts and leased assets.
- Completion and Issuance of Local Purchase Orders, Award Letters & Contracts
- Monitoring deliveries from suppliers to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Tender preparation, invitation and analysis.
Business Aspects – 20%
- Ensure proper filing of records (tenders, committee memos, minutes) & other correspondences in the unit.
- Carry out evaluation on requirements from users before committing purchases and ensuring that services are provided within the Service Level Agreement.
- Liaising with users from time to time to ensure efficient flow of supplies and services
- Handle supply related disputes on matters of poor quality, short delivery, late delivery and payment.
Planning & Control – 10%
- Monitoring and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Monitor purchases of capital/recurrent expenditure against budget
- Monitoring changes in the supply market and periodic conduct market intelligence surveys.
- Carry out market research on product development and better sources of supply to ensure the bank maintains a competitive edge.
- Develop proposals for improved procurement and purchasing procedures.
- Team player
- Results Oriented
- Business awareness
- Effective Communication – verbal and written
- Self-drive with ability to work with minimum supervision
- High level of Integrity
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Innovative Skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Analytical and Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Financial skills
- Knowledge of basic contract laws
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and purchasing procedures
- Knowledge of Bank’s products/services
Professional & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business and/or related field.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or Advanced Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies.
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- Previous experience in a procurement working environment.
- Purchasing and Supply Principles
- Inventory Control
Mental Demands/Judgment and Initiative:
- Jobholder will be required to assess/analyze procurement and purchase requirements and make recommendations/proposals to the departmental head.
- Will be involved in frequent price and SLA negotiations with suppliers for the benefit of the Bank.
- Will be required to keep abreast with price and quality market changes and will be required to make contributions towards cost and quality management.
Effort and Environment:
- Working on screens for more than 4 hours a day.
- Manual/Physical in supervising receiving & distributing items as and when required.
- The job holder will be required to assess/analyze purchase requirements and make recommendations to the unit head.
- Will be involved in frequent price negotiations with suppliers to ensure best value for money.
- Will be required to keep abreast with price and quality market changes and will be required to make contributions towards cost cutting and quality management.
You must be logged in to post a comment.