IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Responsible for ensuring the implementation of an adolescent-led journalism program including itschild protection activities designed to prevent and respond to child protection risks/concerns affecting crisis impacted children and adolescents in the target locations of Mombasa and Kwale. S/he will coordinate project activities and make sure that the project is implemented as per agreed upon plans and in line with Search’s safeguarding policies and best practices.
The job holder is expected to provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to adolescents participating in the program, and enhance the quality of child protection case management and provision of psychosocial support services.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation, and monitoring of the program in line with organizational and donors’ guidelines, policy, and procedures and writing donor reports.
- Follow-up, monitor and supervise the implementation of program activities based on the work plan, spending plan and ensure the proper utilization and tracking of budgets and resources/materials allocated to the project.
- Provide a close accompaniment to adolescents participating in the program and their families, to ensure their buy-in and address their concerns in a timely manner.
- Undertake and ensure situational assessments, data collection, compiling and analyzing as per the required standard.
- Responsible for the implementation and follow-up of child protection activities and programs including development/update of relevant strategies, standard operations and procedures and referral pathways, case management mechanisms, psychosocial support interventions and community-based support for at-risk children including unaccompanied/separated children and adolescents.
- Ensure that there is a functioning child protection coordination mechanism/platform in project areas that addresses the needs of child survivors and at-risk children.
- Support program staff in the design and implementation of effective community mobilization and awareness raising strategies.
- Maintain standard, design, and undertake diversified psychosocial support activities at child friendly spaces.
- Strengthen protection mechanisms through mobilizing and involving the community in reducing risks.
- Work with the community and caregivers/parents through undertaking a positive parenting skill and ensure a positive parents and child communication skills.
- Prepare quality reports of project activities, and communication products highlighting programmatic results, on a regular basis and share with relevant actors.
- Develop and maintain skillful and effective communication and working relationships with relevant partners including children, families, community leaders, government stakeholders and other implementing partners.
- Represent the program in all partner meetings and communicate the outcomes
- Interact with Government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of CP project implementation and follow up on agreed points.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above responsibilities as assigned to him/ her.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Community Development, Peacebuilding or other related fields of social science studies.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in implementing child protection projects and clear understanding of child protection technical areas such as case management.
- Experience organizing and facilitating training on key child protection topics for a range of target groups.
- Good understanding of Child Protection program approaches and practices.
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities.
- Strong and proven ability in report writing, in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation, and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peace building and conflict transformation.
The deadline for application is 30th November 2022
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.