Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The primary purpose is to act as a supporting function to the ADC Security Manager. The Security Specialist will be responsible for enforcing site specific security measures and ensuring that such meets security policies and standards, including but not limited to enforcement of physical security and protection of Africa Data Centres assets, personnel, perimeters, buildings, visitors, customers, etc..
Key Performance Area
Physical Security Operations
- Oversee and management support for outsourced security service provider tactical and operational output
- SLA scoring and measurements on tactical and operational output
- Ensure effective and optimal operation of CCTV system, alarm monitoring system, access control system and key management system by conducting daily checks
- Ensure compliance with all physical security standard operating procedures, emergency operating procedures, policies, processes and directives
Physical Security Quality Assurance
- Ensure continuous improvement and provide support to reach key deliverables on physical security operational issues
- Conduct daily site walks and ensure security posture on facility remains intact
- Ensure duty rosters and patrol sheets are checked and in order daily to ensure optimal service delivery from security service provider
- To provide a complete weekly security report that covers training & development, risks, near misses, RCA, mitigation RAG status, KPI/Quality measurement, SWOT analysis, intelligence, previous achievements & lessons learned, with a two month look forward etc)
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with timelines of both internal and external audits, ISO, PCI, ISAE, etc, and that the required evidence is maintained and readily available
Physical Security Risk Management
- Conducting periodic physical security risk assessments and threat analysis which takes an in-depth look at the potential vulnerabilities to identify and reduce risks to ADC facilities. This is a comprehensive assessment to support the company’s goals
- Ensure risk mitigation is in place for all potential issues and incidents on site.
Physical Security Controls
- To conduct monthly security quality audits and ensure that scores achieve a minimum of 95%. This entails the physical examination and assessment of security SLA deliverables as ensures a high level of proficiency. Performance management and provision of support and guidance in areas which requires improvement.
- Pro-active coordination of all security related matters on a continuous basis with Security Manager and onsite security service provider.
- Decides on security incident mitigation
- Decides on the allocation of site manpower
- Decides on training schedule
- Accountable for Risk Identification
- Accountable for Risk Mitigation
Formal Qualifications and Related Experience Required
- In-Country Security Regulatory Body Grades
- In-Country Security Regulatory Act
- Ability to perform in a demanding and high-pressure environment
- Investigate and where appropriate implement punitive actions
- Initiate criminal procedures against perpetrators and willing to testify in court of law
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Knowledge in Security Management
- Knowledge in Security Operations
- Knowledge in Security Investigations
- Knowledge of LENEL security access system and Avigilon CCTV
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint