IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About the job
Who we are Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve — and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot — people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we’re pretty darn proud of that.How we workWhat we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
- Prioritize fearlessly.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
- Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for. Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It’s to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn’t work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture. We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
- Maximize our rate of learning. We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won’t work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
- Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others. We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- Maximize energy, not time spent. We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
About The Role
You will be part of a growing talent acquisition team, supporting our global teams. You will play a key role in building diverse pipelines of talent and actively sourcing the best talent in the market, in line with the growing aspirations of the business. You will build strong relationships and networks across the People team, centralised functions, business leaders and Exco. You will confidently flex your style to be involved and supportive yet challenge where appropriate.As a member of Zepz’s Talent Acquisition team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition Manager, you will:
- Actively source talent from the market, hiring on average 3-5 people a month
- Create and build external networks, utilising a variety of platforms, social media as well as events to grow your network and talent pools
- Represent the company at meet-ups, exhibition and other events
- Manage all analytics and reporting for your areas of expertise
- Contribute to our ongoing D&I strategy
- Partner with our hiring managers to find the right talent for our business
- Maintain a high level of candidate experience
- Help inform our Employer brand strategy and be a brand ambassador for Zepz
What We’re Looking For From You
- Experience in hiring across multiple corporate functions, from either in-house or a mix of in-house and agency
- Passionate and highly motivated about recruitment throughout the whole 360 process
- Able to work at pace and comfortable with ambiguity
- Subject matter expert across multiple markets; finding talent is second nature to you
- Passionate about candidate and hiring manager experience as you do about making a placement
- Motivated by targets and stretch goals; naturally competitive you want to be the best at what you do
What You’ll Get From Us
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer Contribution of 9.76% of Annual Base Salary
- Holiday Entitlement – 25 days Annual Leave (excluding public holidays)
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 day each quarter to use to relax, refresh and recharge
- Employee Assistance Programme offering general advice and well-being support, 24/7, 365
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company. We’re excited about the ways we can collaborate and continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.