Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the role
BURN is looking for a Senior Accountant who will work closely with our finance team. The individual must have a strong background in accounting, financial expertise, and leadership skills, as they will play a crucial role in maintaining BURN’s financial health and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Enhance internal control effectiveness across financial, operational, and compliance areas.
- Enter financial transactions promptly and maintain data accuracy.
- Manage raw materials procurement, bills, and documentation in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Lead month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities and reconciliations.
- Review monthly trial balances for accuracy and policy compliance.
- Provide accounting support to various departments.
- Oversee and perform bank reconciliations and resolve issues.
- Liaise with the bank on issues relating to statements, payments etc.
- Collect and organize documentation for banks, investors, and grants.
- Keep track of export documentation and make sure they are filed, and all necessary documents and files are updated.
- Keep abreast of changes in laws and regulations in relation to taxes and financial reporting to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory bodies.
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed asset register.
- Review the correctness and completeness of regional entity transactions.
- Perform inter-company reconciliations.
- Develop and implement financial operating procedures.
- Ensure real-time financial data entry into the accounting system.
- Assist with audits, tax, VAT submissions, and supplier reconciliations, and manage cash planning.
- Solve any statutory inconsistencies.
- Prepare payments to suppliers.
- Ensure all supporting documentation (including tax-compliant invoices) is available and filed correctly.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager and/or senior management.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a business environment, with a preference for experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities, with the capacity to work effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated adaptability and proactive problem-solving skills, with a track record of effectively addressing complex financial issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field of study.
- CPA finalist or ACCA qualification, showcasing a commitment to professional development and expertise in accounting and finance.