Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are looking for a Senior Associate/ Junior Finance specialist to support us in fund and grants management including financial monitoring of projects and client engagements in the development
sector. He/She will be supporting funds and grants management in our health portfolio across the continent. The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya but would require occasional travel across Africa.
Implementing partner financial monitoring and reporting:
- Support in the review of implementing partners’ progress reports and verification of information reported therein.
- Perform analysis of financial and programmatic information and support in making recommendations to clients.
- Conduct implementation verifications and spot-checks on an ongoing basis.
- Review key implementer and sub-implementer’s capacities and systems to implementing Fund/ Grant activities.
- Provide advise on the key implementer and sub-implementer’s compliance with grant/funding agreements.
- Assist clients in safeguarding expenditures related to supported activities by reviewing plans (workplans and budgets) and providing recommendations to clients.
- Identify areas of financial risks and propose practical risk mitigation approaches.
- Management and escalation of any financial issues to the Finance Specialist/ Fund and Grants manager, as they arise in the financial oversight of partners.
- Support in planning and coordinating of client meetings as part of project implementation
- Support IDAS business development activities including strategy, opportunity tracking, proposal writing, lessons learning and thought leadership.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience of fund and grants management in development programmes across a range of sectoral areas. Health sector experience will have an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a financial role, preferably with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience related to:
- financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyseaccounting transactions;
- reviewing and negotiating budgets;
- financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
- review of financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements); and
- review and interpretation of audit reports.
- Well-developed presentation, proposal and report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree is highly preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Must have professional qualification –CPA-K, CMA, ACCA, CFA, or CAC.
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge development programmes across Africa;
- Continuous learning and development;
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams; and
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply:
Senior Associate –Fund and Grant Junior Finance Specialist–Candidate’s Summary Link. Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside your application to email@example.com quoting ‘Senior Associate –Fund and Grant –Junior Finance Specialist by 1 December 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.