Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Manage in collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders contract amendment or extension.
- Monitor and track the state of all contracts and initiate and perform contract administration actions to prevent occurrence of contractual or operational risks.
- Prepare periodic reports on state of all contracts as well as pertinent issues, actions, risks, etc. that may arise during the contract administration phase.
- Closely collaborate with procurement team as well as clients on strategizing acquisition exercises.
- Identify, memorialize, and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt from administering a contract.
- Manage a proper contract closure, record retention, maintenance of the contract file, and handling security instruments (e.g. Performance Security),
- Assist in resolution of contractual dispute in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure maintenance of relevant proper record retention (electronic, hardcopy or both) pertinent to a contract, internal databases, and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Establish performance indicators in relation to Contract Administration.
- Ensure that the Section maintains complete and accurate electronic and hard copy records to ensure proper accountability.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders in preparing for internal and external audit exercises.
- Drafts a variety of correspondence relevant to contract administration.
- Supervises and assigns and reviews the work of more junior staff.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for highly complex and technologically advanced goods and services; knowledge of contract law and expertise in handling complex procurement and contract issues; knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity systems and ability to identify sources of supply, market trends and pricing; ability to shape and influence agreements with requisitioning units and vendors; ability to apply technical expertise to resolve a range of complex and/or sensitive issues/problems; ability to develop procurement policies, procedures and new programmes; ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management; shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement functions is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent certification is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, administration, supply chain management and/ or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- At least three (3) years demonstrated experience which involves administration of procurement related contracts that supports the needs of multiple organizations such as UN Entities; such experience shall include data analysis and preparing report on various contract administration matrices, is required.
- At least one year demonstrated experience in participating in collaborative procurement working group or similar network which involves multiple organizations such as UN Entities is desirable.
- Experience working with a Systems, Application and Products (SAP) system or another Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
Deadline closes 23 September 2023