Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The International Rescue Committee’s (IRC) Kenya country program provides life-saving and developmental services that empower vulnerable local and refugee communities, enabling them to lead secure, productive, and healthy lives. Collaborating closely with national and county governments, community organizations, and partner NGOs, the IRC operates across health, nutrition, protection, livelihood, education, and WASH sectors, in Turkana, Garissa, Samburu, West Pokot and Nairobi counties. The IRC responds to emergencies such as drought in Garissa and Turkana counties, supports refugees in Hagadera and Kakuma Refugee Camps, and implements urban programming for livelihoods in Nairobi’s informal settlements.
The Senior Coordinator for Program Implementation works closely with and under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Programs (DDP) to implement high quality, innovative programs in close coordination and collaboration with Deputy Director Operations and other Senior Program Coordinators. The role has a particular focus on driving program and strategy implementation, leading the program coordinators in implementing high quality projects with particular attention to enhance program integration, supporting expansion into newly accessible geographic areas, and increasing IRC’s work. S/he will ensure timely and effective program delivery, coordination in all IRC program locations. The SPCI will provide a focus on outcomes, client responsiveness, and represent IRC programs to major stakeholders, relevant government authorities and other program partners.
-Provide direct oversight and mentorship to Program Coordinators to effectively manage program implementation and complete on the following tasks:
- Ensure effective grant start-up, progress towards program deliverables is systematically tracked using key indicators and actions are taken because of its monitoring.
- Ensure adherence of program implementation with donor and IRC policies.
- Ensure the alignment of workplans with IRC and project plans and continuously review progress of IRC and partners implementation.
- Ensure implementation review and close-out meetings are planned and conducted in a timely manner the schedule PCM including the engagement of partners.
- Coordinate with the finance, grants and partnership department and support program coordinators to ensure sound budget development and spending oversight using adequate financial management tools, including regular BVAs and spending plans review.
- Program documentation and learning of IRC programs. Organizational learning can be prioritized and used in program design and implementation (including re-design of long-term programs), as well as external communication and advocacy.
- Feedback from beneficiaries is strategically used to adapt programming and organizational policies were applicable.
- Review all programs implementation through periodic field visits and ensure that program implementation strategies are compatible with overall program goals and objectives. Facilitate field visits by IRC donors and other stakeholders in collaboration with the field coordinators.
- Lead in the development of strategic work-plans with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, implementation plans, financial projections, and tools for evaluation.
- Provide support to the field Emergency Team during the scale up of a sudden onset humanitarian response and during the deployment phase.
- Ensure program coordination, and that managers for cross-cutting themes work together effectively according to program work plans.
- Coordinate high-level reporting on country-level indicators such as beneficiary numbers, design for impact indicators, cluster data and other information as needed.
- Ensure that donor reports produced by the programs team effectively demonstrate the impact of IRC’s interventions.
- Foster program integration among IRC sectors and with partners in line with programmatic needs and donor commitments.
- Lead the proposal development and conduct final review in collaboration with the senior coordinators for grants, quality and strategy ensuring high quality, accuracy for program implementation coordinating and consolidating technical and strategy input.
- Conduct strategic engagement with key stakeholders, donors, and other funders in collaboration with the DDP and DDA and represent the IRC Kenya with humanitarian donors including accompanying strategic donors on field site visits.
IRC Kenya has committed in its SAP to spend 8% of funding through local partners by FY2024. The program delivery unit facilitates this process by ensuring the Specific tasks under this component of the role include:
- Contribute to achievement of goals related to the SAP partnerships ambition including identification and onboarding of Strategic Partners
- Embody and model IRC values related to partnerships (partner as equals, partner first etc.) and lead this approach in implementation of IRC projects across the project locations.
- Enable development and maintenance of strategic partnerships with local organizations.
- Provide support to partnerships team to address any program implementation challenges.
- Regularly report to DDP on progress on partner implementation and work with other coordinators to clear any inter-departmental obstacles.
Representation and Advocacy
- In coordination with the DDP/DGA, actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including local communities, donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors. Liaise with county and national governments, donors, NGOs, and other operational partners in Kenya via attendance at meetings, consultations, and other forums.
- In coordination with the DDP, assist in organizing donor visits by supporting staff in the smooth design and running of field visits.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
Support the Program Coordinator on the following MEAL related tasks:
- Provide inputs to regular data quality audits (DQAs) and joint monitoring visits with the MEAL team
- Together with the technical and MEAL team align planned assessments with program needs.
- Contribute to the implementation, and analysis of all assessments and surveys
- Review and adoption of data and inputs to the Annual Statistics activities
- Enhance the use of Program Indicator Dashboard (PID) and other MEAL-related technology for program implementation.
Coordinate closely with the MEAL Coordinator to ensure Client Accountability is reflected in program implementation.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach direct reports with the aim of strengthening their technical and management capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team, and providing professional development guidance.
- Supervise and mentor direct report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Lead and model successful adherence to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Champion Staff and Clients safeguarding policies in the workplace at all levels.
Country Program Management
- Actively participate in and contribute to strategy discussions, including SAP revision processes
- Stay updated on new IRC priorities, policies, or process updates and ensure Grants & Partnerships and MEAL units are informed of any changes.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in international development or related subject.
- At least 7 years of experience working in program management Demonstrated experience in program management, project design and use of project design tools.
- Experience managing programs in relevant technical area(s) that may include, health, reproduction health, Nutrition, and WASH.
- Should possess minimum 5 years experiences in humanitarian and development work including managing humanitarian relief and/or transitional programs in areas affected by large scale displacements due to conflict and chronic food and nutritional insecurity.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and mentoring staff and with strong commitment to staff capacity development; Demonstrated qualities of leadership, sensitivity to cultural settings, communication skills, commitment, and sound judgment.
- Aptitude to adapt to a different context regarding security, culture, climate, or health issue, demonstrated by experience outside of country of origin.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in English in addition to superior writing/editing and budget skills.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical leadership skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural, and diplomatic skills.
- Working in a Non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.