Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to deliver an effective, efficient, and professional day-to-day operational HR service that covers the whole of the employee lifecycle.
You will be a key member at International Alert, one of the world’s largest and most respected peacebuilding organisations with a 30-year track record.
Reporting to the Head of People, this is a generalist role that supports, develops, and advises line managers and employees on people processes and employee relations matters. It suggests solutions to a variety of people related issues for the London and Hague offices and supports HR Managers and Finance & Operations Managers in all country offices across International Alert.
You will be the first point of contact for expert advice to line managers and employees on employee relations issues and manage cases to resolution. This role provides pragmatic, expert and general HR advice and support to employees and line managers, delivering the highest quality service to the organisation, ensuring compliance with Alert’s HR policies and relevant employment legislation. As the HR system expert, you will identify issues and collaborate with experts/professionals to implement solutions. You will partner with the HR community throughout Alert to provide technical knowledge and support and build strong working relationships with Country Directors.
We are seeking a candidate who has a relevant degree or CIPD Level 3 qualified or with relevant experience and has good knowledge of HR principles, policies, and procedures. You will be proficient in HR software systems and MS Office applications. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be fluent in English. The ability to be flexible, with attention to detail, and ability to plan and prioritise would be advantageous. Ideally with NGO or international experience and an interest in conflict resolution.
Role duties and responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for expert advice to line managers and employees on employee relations issues, such as grievances and disciplinary.
- Manage cases to resolution and complete any documentation.
- Assist managers undertaking formal investigations, offering guidance support, and advice in line with policies and procedures and best practice.
- Support informal and formal meetings as and when required – in the preparation, during and after the process. Issue any documents including meeting notes and outcome letters.
- Support managers implementing change programmes in line with Alert’s policies and employment legislation.
- Agree with the Head of People any activities for complex cases.
- Provide employee welfare support in a confidential, sensitive, and appropriate way.
- Provide pragmatic and expert advice and support to employees and line managers, delivering the highest quality service to the organisation ensuring compliance with Alert’s HR policies and relevant employment legislation.
- Maintain and administer the HR Support inbox queries along with the wider HR team, to support the employee lifecycle including new starters, inductions, annual leave, flexible working, family policies and leavers.
- Work closely with line managers to review and monitor the probation process.
- Manage the Performance Management process, system, reporting and advise line managers on issues relating to Performance Management.
- Design and issue the HR bulletin on a quarterly basis.
- Produce the monthly HR dashboard using information taken from the HR system.
- Be the HR system expert and identify issues and collaborate with experts/professionals to implement solutions.
Support Country Offices
- Partner with the HR community throughout Alert to provide technical knowledge and support, including Staff handbooks.
- Provide salary benchmarking support.
- Conduct HR system induction for new HR Managers and Finance & Operations Managers.
- Conduct training and/or briefing sessions on people and HR topics for HR Managers and Finance & Operations Managers.
- Ensure country offices are kept abreast of new Alert HR developments (e.g. policies, forms, frameworks) as they arise.
- Be the point of contact for Country Directors and build strong working relationships with country HR Managers and Finance & Operations Managers.
- Support the Head of People with establishing new offices and closing of current offices as and when required.
Learning & Development
- Deliver effective training and coaching sessions to line managers to improve their knowledge, skill and confidence.
- Provide training, briefings and guidance to Alert employees as required (for example employment policies and procedures, performance-related issues, and best practice).
- Produce managers support material and guidelines and support material for Alert’s HR community.
- Maintain and develop the HR section of the Intranet for international and national staff as required.
- Co-ordinate the professional development provided to staff in the London office.
- Provide expert advice on the preparation of job descriptions including the person specification.
- Manage and coordinate the job evaluation process.
- Support and conduct selection interviews when required.
- Manage and deliver full induction sessions in collaboration with the HR Assistant.
- Communicate and implement Alert’s HR strategy, priorities, and annual plan.
- Assist with the design, development and updating of all Alert’s global policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Alert’s HR strategy, organisational direction, employment law and best practice.
- Suggest, design, and implement process improvements to improve the efficiency of HR processes and procedures.
- Research, propose and present HR plans and projects to the Global Delivery Team.
Contribute to International Alert and the HR team
- Undertake and manage various HR projects as directed by the Head of People that contribute to Alert’s organisational and cultural development.
- Be an active member of the Global Finance and Operations Group and HR Community of Practice.
- Liaise and negotiate on behalf of Alert with external agencies and represent Alert at relevant external events and forums.
- Any other duties which are reasonably required.
Deadline for Applications 4th October 2023