Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. MKU is largely known for its dynamic, comprehensive and thorough academic and vocational training system as well as linkages with internationally reputable institutions. The University operates from the main campus in Thika with campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret and Meru, as well as Open Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL) centres located in major towns in Kenya, Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda. In pursuit of fulfilling the Mission and Vision of the University, the Directorate of Human Resource is mandated to facilitate and support the Mission and operations of the University by enabling it to continue attracting, developing and retaining the right number of suitably qualified staff so as to maintain the University competitive edge. MKU invites applications from suitably qualified, visionary, competent, dynamic and experienced professionals with impeccable track record to fill the position Senior Human Resource Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with developing, updating and implementing Human resource policies and procedure.
- Act as a key point of contact for line managers for employee relations issues and provide advice and guidance in line with the University policies, procedures, employment law and best practice.
- Ensure compliance with the legal and statutory requirements.
- Support and coach line managers through all aspects of Human Resource management and employment law to build their capacity.
- Help to manage core Human Resources services in a professional and efficient manner.
- Provide front line support and advice on all people related issues.
Education, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in HR or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Human Resources Officer in MKU or in a higher learning institution/ reputable organization.
- Be registered with IHRM.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR /Business Studies or Social Sciences
- More than five (5) years of experience at job group 10 within MKU or in a higher learning institution/ reputable organization.
- Be registered with IHRM
Closing Date : 23rd September 2023