Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
You will manage the daily editorial operations of the assigned output platform (both linear and digital), including ensuring editorial compliance. Working closely with Swahili Service Editor and other senior journalists, you will implement digital strategy and opportunities as part of a long term strategic transformation. You’ll also commission and work with graphic designers to produce creative and original graphics sequences as well as being a solution finder overcoming editorial challenges, initiating and implementing realistic alternative strategies and approaches.
Are you the right candidate?
The successful candidate will be either a professional journalist or a senior operational professional with extensive editorial experience of broadcast and/or digital news, with proven ability to develop, implement new and innovative approaches to programme structure and content. You’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience in originating and producing impactful digital first content, including explainers and analysis pieces.
- Proven experience in breaking news stories as well as producing features, investigations and original journalism about East, Central and Horn of Africa, and global news and current affairs.
- Experience in managing and overseeing a team in agile and remote working environments.
- Demonstrable experience in multimedia journalism with substantial knowledge of data analytics tools to drive decision making on story choice, publication time and recirculation.
- An understanding of BBC News distinctive news agenda and a wider interest in the digital strategy of the BBC as a whole.
- Experience in determining the content and running order of the programmes and lead others on the production of items through to transmission, including assigning, briefing and determining priorities for operational and editorial teams.
- Able to build morale/team spirit within permanent or temporary team.
- Fluency in written and oral Swahili, and appreciation and understanding of different language dialects in order to provide clear editorial guidance.
Deadline closes : 30th November 2023