Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About Digital Divide Data (DDD)
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US-based non-profit, mission-driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are the main centers) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development, and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
Purpose of the role
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting project management functions that enable the effective and efficient delivery of tactical engagements that have a planned start and end date; also includes support for strategic engagements without defined start and end dates.
- Manage and provide leadership for the delivery of projects in single service line or highly complex projects for a single client
- Manage project support and be responsible for ensuring appropriate resource allocation
- Update policies, procedures, standards, methodologies, and guidelines for project management
- Resolve prioritization conflicts between projects
- Builds more complex project plans and milestones
- Maintains project status and performance data used for reporting
- Organizes project activities and meetings across broader teams
- Work with production teams as a subject matter expert, providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives
- Provide professional customer liaison and work as a trusted advisor for customer and project teams
- Manage and communicate project scope, goals, and responsibilities to the project team; establish clear stakeholder expectations and requirements of varying degrees of complexity
- Performance appraisals, coaching, and mentoring of project teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related discipline. A Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Project Management Certification – PMP or Prince 2
- At least 8 years of experience in a Project management – level role or capacity
- 4 years of direct people management experience and interactions at senior management level
- Experience in managing machine-learning projects.
- Subject matter expert in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Agtech & Autonomous Driving.
- Exceptional internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in supporting business process outsourcing or client services organization.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Tech savvy and innovative
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, team building, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong data analytics capability
Closing Date : 30th Nov 2023