Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The International Rescue Committee’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded over 80 years ago, the IRC is a leading humanitarian and development organization with a presence in more than 40 countries. Across contexts, the IRC is committed to delivering innovative, high-impact programs tailored to the needs of communities affected by crisis.
- IRC is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Immunization (STA) for an anticipated multi-million-dollar Department of Health CDC Strengthening Immunization Program Implementation in Sub-National Consequential Geographies opportunity. The STA will provide technical advisory and have overall responsibility for developing the project strategy for immunization services provided under the project, including identification and vaccination of zero- and under-dose children, supporting polio eradication, measles mortality reduction and regional measles and rubella elimination, hepatitis B and maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination, and other vaccine-preventable diseases surveillance.
- The position will be based in any of the following locations: Abuja, Nigeria, Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia, Nairobi, Kenya. Recruitment is contingent upon the successful award of the project, and the selection of the final applicant is subject to CDC approval. The project is anticipated to begin in June 2024.
- Provides senior level, high-quality immunization technical assistance by combining industry knowledge and best practices with strategic program expertise, guidance and advice for Program.
- Ensures a cohesive and integrated immunization technical approach is implemented across all project components to maximize impact.
- Takes the lead in developing innovative solutions to expand the immunization program’s reach and achieve its objectives.
- Takes the lead in creating guidance materials and learning resources, as well as testing new tools and innovations to accelerate the achievement of results.
- Analyzes and assesses data, identifying trends and addressing complex programmatic and technical challenges by collaborating with project and partner staff to develop or adapt technical interventions or approaches for accelerated progress.
- In collaboration with MEAL team, explore, develop and document best practices and learning in immunization programing
- Conduct staff and partners capacity assessments and based on gaps identified
- External engagement with key stakeholders in immunization and sharing of lessons learnt from the programme.
- Degree from an accredited university in Global Health or other related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for a graduate degree.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in low- or lower-middle-income country settings in program and research activities in immunization or related health domains.
- Demonstrated innovation and success in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
- Track record of providing technical assistance and quality assurance for health programs
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to travel to fragile / conflict-affected contexts.
- Fluency in English required.