Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
- Supervise the daily activities of the Teleradiology Assistants, ensuring that they effectively carry out their responsibilities. Handle any escalated issues that the G5 may be unable to resolve.
- Train new Teleradiology Assistants in procedures, tools, and software. Ensure that they are familiar with protocols and provide refresher when necessary.
- Implement a quality control process to review and ensure the accuracy of the work performed by the Teleradiology Assistants, including the correct uploading of CXR images and the accuracy of biodata.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the Teleradiology Assistants, providing feedback, addressing areas of improvement, and recommending training or development as needed.
- Identify and implement strategies for process improvement within the Teleradiology operations, ensuring greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Engage with Regional Radiology Coordinator, the International Radiologist and colleagues from missions to discuss the needs, improvements, and challenges related to the Teleradiology workflow.
- Design and update SOPs for the department to ensure consistency in operations and to accommodate any changes or new requirements that arise.
- Act as the primary point of contact for resolving conflicts or disputes either within the Teleradiology team or with external stakeholders.
- Regularly communicate updates, challenges, and results to higher management. Also, review the daily statistical reports prepared by the Telerad Assistants to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Health Sciences, Business Administration, Information Technology, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience, or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with digital radiology and Teleradiology systems an advantage.
- Experience in Migration health work, screening health assessments and eHealth/eMedical services an advantage.
- Comprehensive computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Advanced computer knowledge an advantage.
- Required: For all applicants, fluency in English and Kiswahili is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French; and/or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators – level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
Indicate the Position Title & Vacancy Notice Number on the e-mail subject (Senior Teleradiology Assistant- IOMRONBO/VN/053/2023), attach cover letter and CV with telephone and e-mail contacts including 3 Referees (Supervisors) to: IOM, RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline closes : 29th November 2023