We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected worldWe are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world
The incumbent primary responsibility shall be as follows:
- Administer procurement and supplies chain activities delivered through the stores function for the provision of goods and services to meet the needs of the company.
- Coordination of stores and store/purchasing staff and activities.
- Monitor and maintain key supplier agreements, identify and analyze new opportunities and seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Provide support for fleet and plant management activities to achieve optimum value to Management.
- Provide support for tenders and contracts for procurement of goods and services.
- Partner with the local businesses to identify and plan sourcing initiatives and other projects
- Manage procurement activities in compliance with the Procurement Policy. This includes sourcing, supplier management, contract management and all transactional activities
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts to ensure realization of strategic procurement objectives; and maintain tender/contract register.
- Evaluate and report on quotations and participate in tender document development and the tender assessment process.
- Ensure contracts are completed for most of the expenditure and include appropriate reference to SGS policies e.g., SLAs, continuous improvement, health and safety, sustainability and payment terms as well as appropriate protection for SGS in the event of non-compliance or service delivery issues
- Support the transactional buyer role in Oracle, challenging new supplier set up, challenging requisitions as they are converted to purchase orders and analyzing spend with incumbent suppliers
- To design appropriate reporting and monitoring mechanisms that identify cost savings by category, business.
- Daily routine of purchase order processing approvals and ensure 100% PO compliance by requesters.
- Catalogue Creation – Engage with suppliers to confirm pricing, delivery, and terms on purchases (in collaboration with sourcing teams if required). Identify opportunities, create, update catalogues in relation with PEC team in Prague
- Support P2P – Manage purchasing email box with requests from stakeholders (spot buys, guidance). Close relationship with requesters / stakeholders; Support/train requesters on Iproc and Oracle system
- Identify and solve transactional issues regarding the Purchasing process: review, process, resolve PO and invoices issues
- Supplier vetting – approval of creation / changes of suppliers in Master data and SRR
- Ensure accurate disposal of equipment’s and assets as per the SGS procedures.
- Ensure adequate supplies of day-to-day items required by the laboratories are held in store for issues when necessary.
- Ensure store items are issued in a manner which provides maximum accountability of goods issued and works charged.
- Ensure adequate supply contracts are in place for items regularly used by Management to ensure maximum price competitive purchasing.
- Manage stores systems to ensure prompt attention to accounting queries. Manage inventory control.
- Monitor and make recommendations to rationalize key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Ensure there is a fully traceable record in document management system of all relevant correspondence and documents relating to the procurement function
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct Safety and OI- Ensure compliance to SGS safety, operation Integrity, policies and procedures and register zero injuries.
- Adopt at all times a safe behavior by exercising due regard for HSE of SGS employees
- Carry out any other assignment as may be advised from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or related filed. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Recognized professional qualification in Procurement from a recognized university, preferably CIPS (UK)
- Minimum experience of 5 years in similar position preferably in a multinational organization
- Must be familiar with the Public Procurement Act of Kenya.
- Be a member of the relevant professional body- preferably CIPS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Effective analytical and problem -solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers and data entry.
- Sound knowledge of inventory control systems and purchasing procedures.
- Knowledge of Oracle Iproc system
- Familiarity with tendering and contract management processes.
- Experience in procurement practices, stores management, tender management and evaluation and contract management.