Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world.
To be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings and equipment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties/ Tasks
- Carry out all repair works on the furniture, doors, windows, and any wooden material belonging to SHOFCO
- Handle all maintenance requests requiring repairs as assigned by the supervisor
- Responsible for ensuring that the work area and the workshop are kept clean
- Perform minor repairs in the buildings and sites.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Replace broken windows, repair door, door locks and closets.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly checklists on building and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Support with renovation/remodelling of buildings.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and order parts as needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A trade test certificate in craftwork / Artisanship in the following area :- Carpentry
- Secondary school certificate
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 1 year proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other SHOFCO employees
- Meeting timescales
- Adopting practical approaches
- Managing tasks
- Producing output
- Following procedures
- Inviting feedback
- Team working
- Interacting with people
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.