Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world.
SHOFCO is undertaking a significant Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project. We are seeking a highly proficient ERP implementation professional to lead this project.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer and working with the broader Management Team, the ERP Implementation Project Manager will plan, develop and implement SHOFCO’s fully integrated ERP system. A key focus will be to work collaboratively with all stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure the successful delivery of this whole of transformation program which will deliver significant organizational improvements. The Project Manager is also responsible on managing relevant changes brought by new system including business process and user training. The project manager will coordinate project activities involving cross-functional teams, external resources and vendors, ensuring that everyone involved is working together to meet project objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage resources assigned to ERP Project including budget, internal and external resources.
- Ensure project is delivered within the agreed scope, timeline, and budget. Any changes must be subjected to review and documented agreement by SHOFCO and the external ERP implementer.
- Identify and anticipate project and business risk, establish and manage risk mitigation plan and escalate where appropriate
- Collaborate daily with the ERP implementer, including employees, subcontractors, and third-party vendors; drive active participation.
- Work directly with business process owners, establish strong working relationships and ensure satisfaction through the process to post go-live.
- Analyze and guide customer business needs, align with business solutions and best practices.
- Manage/lead engagements, workshops and/or training sessions
- Establish, track, manage, and report on project status, issues, budget and forecast to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the ERP team resolve issues and build internal / external relationships to help move the project forward.
- Apply best practices in project management including documentations.
- Provide consistent and periodic status update to the line manager
- Establish an ERP Project Steering Committee and keep them updated on the project status and facilitate periodic committee meetings.
- Serve as the internal central point of communication for ERP Project status, timelines, budget and risks;
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding the ERP Project activities, as required.
- Lead cross-functional teams focusing an enterprise level solutions;
- Ensure ERP system and relevant application are operating at its highest process efficiency.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of Functional Design Documents (FDD).
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting ERP infrastructure
- Ensure all ERP implementation and post implementation trouble tickets are managed in accordance with internal performance objectives, organizational policies and SLA’s.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure ERP infrastructure products and services.
- Monitor project activities and progresses of vendor to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Management Information System, Computer Science or related field;
- Strong background in IT and utility industry-specific work, preferably at least 5 years of experience.
- Strong project management experience and/ or PMP certifications is preferred
- Understanding of business process and re-engineering process
- In-depth knowledge of ERP Software in the areas of customer service, finance, supply chain, grants management, CRM & other project functionalities.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful Project Management on ERP Projects.
- Experience driving enterprise-wide collaboration initiatives
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 5th October 2022. Interviews will be on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.