Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based Bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”, with over 38 outlets across the country.
We are inviting applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates who are passionate about transforming lives in the society, to fill the following position:
ACCOUNTANT – FIN/01/23 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
The role holder will be part of the Team in Finance Department that is responsible for doing Bank reconciliations, Treasury Management and payables management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of Creditors & partner payments within the required timelines in adherence to the set guidelines, Policies and controls.
- Documentation & maintenance of proper and updated records of all Fixed Assets in the Bank.
- Management of alternative channels reversals, entries on the Banks’ systems and reconciliations.
- Posting and reconciliation of all alternative channels transactions of the Core Banking system.
- Management and timely replenishment of the alternative banking channels accounts
- Preparation of monthly alternative banking channels reports.
- Preparation of tax reconciliations and schedules.
- Management of the optimal levels of provisioning for loan impairment as per IFRS9.
- A minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE
- Bachelors Degree in Business related courses from a reputable university
- Must be at least a CPA II holder
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory
- Between 24 to 30 years of age
Key Qualities & Competencies
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Detail oriented with good prioritization skills and ability to deliver within the set timelines.
- A great Team player with ability to get on with others
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 3rd February, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.