Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Position: Social Worker
Location: East Pokot- Chemolingot Office, Baringo County.
About the Job Role:
The social worker will provide assistance and advocacy to improve social and psychological functioning of children and their families. She/he focuses on maximizing academic functioning and outcomes of children as well as improving the family’s overall well-being. He/she will assist the parents/guardians with school and psychosocial support for the children including to prevent abuse.
He/she will address school problems such as truancy, bad behaviour, peer pressure, drug use, and poor grades. He/she will advise teachers and act as liaison between students, schools, parents, children’s services, and other service providers. Social workers work with children and their families to support them through difficult times and ensure that they are safeguarded from harm. Their role is to provide support to enable service users to help themselves.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducting interviews with participants and their families to assess and review their situation
• Undertaking and writing up assessments (sometimes in collaboration with other professionals), which meet specified standards and timescales
• Offering information and support to participants and their families
• Accomplishing administrative duties and diligently completing paperwork
• Organising and managing packages of support to enable participants to lead the fullest lives possible
• Participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings regarding, for example, child protection or education or psychosocial support and integration
• Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports as necessary
• Participating in training, supervision and team meetings
• Participate in investigating child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective action when necessary
• Counseling participants in individual and group sessions to help them overcome trauma and adjust to life.
• Monitor, evaluate, and record participant’s progress according to measurable goals described in their care plans.
• Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the participant
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably directed by the supervisor and as dictated by the needs of the organisation
Education and experience:
Diploma in Social Work and Community Development
At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in a relevant field
Competent IT skills
Excellent ability of report writing skills
Integrity and confidentiality.
• Experience working with communities
• Knowledge of NGO operational policies/procedures desirable
• Experience in working with local governments/NGOs desirable
• Demonstrated understanding of the global Child Protection and safeguarding practices.
• Demonstrated capacity to organize the collection and analysis of relevant data
Language and other requirements
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Good spoken Swahili
• Should be a team player and a self-starter.
• Should have ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
• Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
So They Can is a strong Child Protection Organization. Any form of child safeguarding breach is not tolerated.
How to apply
• Application should be made to HR So They Can Kenya at
• Quote expected Salary
• Applications should be received on or before Friday 5th February 2023
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted