Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
SoCha is contracted to deliver the USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) Localization, Inclusion and Sustainability Activity (LISA) with the aim to assist staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent, inclusive, and skilled in achieving development outcomes.
The LISA team will support USAID’s work to increase locally led, owned, and managed development outcomes. It will utilize local expertise and seek to partner with local entities with in-depth knowledge and networks in Kenya and utilize this expertise strategically. Utilization of local expertise will focus on work objectives entailing close collaboration and interaction with local actors, including local indigenous organizations, counties, companies, institutions, and government.
To support the work of LISA, SoCha is seeking a qualified Procurement Specialist.
Scope of Work
The Procurement Specialist will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will be responsible for supporting all procurement activities of the project.
- Oversee all procurement activities on the project, support, and follow-up on procurements, and ensure compliance with relevant procedures related to travel, as well as aligning with SoCha and USAID policies and regulations.
- Coordinate and ensure the provision of procurement support for all project activities.
- Draft Requests for Quotations/Proposals, coordinate proposal reviews and write selection memos in accordance with USAID and SoCha LLC policies.
- Foster and manage all relationships with vendors and service providers and ensure compliance with the terms of their contracts or service agreements.
- Act as a non-voting member of the procurement selection committee and ensures that the committee works collaboratively to evaluate proposals and documenting the vendor selection process.
- Prepare and issue solicitations and amendments, service level agreements, blanket purchase agreements, purchase orders, modifications e.tc
- Train local staff in aspects of the procurement process, including evaluation committees.
- Maintain and track all local procurements, BPAs and sub-contract data on share point, keeping a complete record of the procurement process and file.
- Determine the most reasonable, fair, and expeditious procurement alternatives for each activity and participate in procurement work planning, and proactively lead in conducting market research in support of anticipated operations and technical need.
- Other tasks as appropriate.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in procurement, purchasing and supplies or business-related course.
- A professional qualification in procurement is an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience serving in a related position, preferably in a USAID funded project overseeing procurement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in conducting comparative cost analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in negotiating vendor contracts (including price levels, terms of delivery, etc.)
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV via the form below.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications close on March 27th, 2023. Application review will be on a rolling basis.
You must be logged in to post a comment.