About the company
Solar Panda is a social enterprise providing smart, low-cost solar power to communities across Africa, enabling families and small businesses to flourish and grow.
Our high-quality solutions provide customers living without electricity access to clean, safe and sustainable solar energy through a unique rent-to-own business model. Customers make a small down payment followed by daily or weekly payments, equivalent to their existing fuel costs, using mobile technology to unlock energy and then they own the unit outright as quickly as 1 year.
The Solar Panda system comes with a quality guarantee and includes lamps, mobile phone charging, a radio, a flashlight and a portable lantern. Customers can easily upgrade when they’re ready to TV and other appliances as they start building a reliable credit history with Solar Panda.
About the jobField Sales Manager – Nyanza and Coast Regions
Solar Panda is a fast-growing company that provides innovative solar power systems for lighting and TV in rural communities in Kenya. Our pay-as-you-go model allows homes to have electricity for less than the daily cost of kerosene and mobile phone charging.
We have sales operations across Kenya, and we are expanding.
The successful Field Sales Manager will achieve area sales targets through the management and motivation of a highly effective sales team. The key responsibilities are to recruit, monitor, train and support the field sales team. The position is a full-time position reporting to the Area Sales Manager with compensation composed of base salary and commission.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Build a strong team of commission-based sales agents by recruiting, training, motivating and mentoring them for success.
• Develop clear sales strategies for the team and help develop lead generation initiatives.
• Support and train the sales agents in their pitching to customer groups, e.g. chamas.
• Daily monitor the progress of agents to ensure that they are actively selling, and provide support where needed.
• Provide regular reports on your sales initiatives to the Area Sales Manager.
• Identify the sales team’s need for training and work with the company’s Sales Training Team to schedule new programs.
• Liaise with local Shop Administrator to ensure that your Field Agents are provided adequate stock on a timely basis.
• Keep a close eye on market trends, including customer behaviour and competitor activities, and share your insights frequently with management.
Academic Qualification & Work Experience:
• Experience working in rural areas is a requirement.
• Experience managing sales teams is a requirement.
• A diploma or degree in an academic field is an added advantage.
• Excellence in team building and motivational skills.
• Excellence in planning and organizational skills.
• Excellence in prioritizing, maximizing value, and has a vision.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• A customer centric attitude.
The company places a high priority on personal integrity, hard work, and respect for customers and co-workers.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your cover letter and CV to RecruitmentKE@solarpanda.com on or before 30th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly reference the job title in your application.
Solar Panda Kenya Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, or disability. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Solar Panda does not charge any fees on recruitment.