Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electronics, a passion for teaching, and a commitment to helping students develop the skills and knowledge needed for successful careers in the electronics industry.
- Mid level
- 2 years
- The Electronics Instructor at Somali Institute of Technology is responsible for delivering high-quality instruction in the field of electronics to students pursuing associate degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electronics, a passion for teaching, and a commitment to helping students develop the skills and knowledge needed for successful careers in the electronics industry.
- Develop and deliver engaging and effective lectures, lab exercises, and hands-on demonstrations to teach various electronics-related courses.
- Create and update course materials, including syllabi, lesson plans, and assessment tools.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and critical thinking.
- Provide timely feedback and support to students to enhance their understanding of electronic concepts and their academic success.
- Participate in curriculum development and revision activities, ensuring that course content remains current and relevant to industry standards.
- Integrate emerging technologies and trends into the curriculum to prepare students for evolving industry demands.
- Oversee setup and maintain electronics laboratories, ensuring the availability of necessary equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Ensure the safety of students and compliance with laboratory safety protocols.
Advising and Mentoring:
- Advise and mentor students on academic and career-related matters, helping them set and achieve their educational and professional goals.
- Stay current with advancements in electronics and teaching methodologies through continuous learning and professional development activities
- Participate in departmental meetings, committees, and college-wide initiatives.
Assessment and Evaluation:
- Assess student learning outcomes and program effectiveness to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement assessment strategies.
- A master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, or a related field is preferred. A bachelor’s degree with significant industry experience may be considered.
- Industry certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, IPC-A-610, Certified Electronics Technician) are a plus.
- Teaching experience at the college level is highly desirable.
- Three years of work experience is required.
- Proficiency in electronics design, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in education.
- Dedication to promoting a culture of safety in the laboratory.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and educational methodologies.
Method of Application
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your qualifications and teaching philosophy, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com