Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Pediatric Clinical Officer shall review the pediatric department activities and priorities on a regular basis updating the Medical Superintendent/Pediatrician on gaps and/or provide recommendations on how to improve quality of services as well as the planning, implementation and management of the Pediatric Department in the Hospital.
- Review of patient’s history and clinical presentation to ascertain the correct investigations, diagnosis and management plan.
- Diagnosis of illnesses and institution of the correct management including conducting minor procedures, resuscitation and all other medical treatment as per the treatment protocols.
- Run daily pediatric outpatient clinic.
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment.
- In collaboration with the rest of the clinical staff, receive and attend to patients requiring emergency medical attention.
- Whenever necessary, refer patients for further management in higher level institutions.
- Refer complex cases to the pediatrician.
- Conduct follow ups and reports all complications in writing within or before the end of current duty.
- Implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimize client waiting times.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Attend and participate in weekly Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions at the hospital.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery and Higher Diploma in Pediatrics and Child Health.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and in possession a valid practice license.
- Trained in IMCI.
- Certification in the short emergency courses (ETAT+, EPLS or EmONC) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an RCO and one year experience post specialization.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work in an emergency area.
- High regard for confidentiality and demonstrable integrity
- Commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services.
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work in multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to uphold and align oneself with the core values of St. Francis Community Hospital.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit and address their applications, Enclosing a detailed CV, and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received by 3rd February 2023. Applicants must indicate current & expected consolidated salary in their application and indicate PEDIATRIC RCO on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.