IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
The overall purpose of this job is to provide dental treatment and hygiene by examining, treating, cleaning patients’ teeth and providing education on how to care for teeth and gums, and the effects of diet on oral health in line with established protocols the hospital’s patient care objectives,
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and treat common dental conditions and refer to dentist for further review;
- Analyse patients dental x-rays, evaluate history and review dental charting;
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and establish dental hygiene procedures;
- Perform authorized dental procedures including cleaning teeth, removing plagues, replacing missing teeth, filling cavities, rebuilding of broken teeth and removing severely damaged teeth in a safe and sterile environment while providing quality dental experience during the procedure;
- Conduct authorized dental procedures including cleaning and scaling;
- Maintain high quality oral health by providing oral health education, screening, preventive and clinical dental services;
- Record medical and dental history of dental patients;
- Oversee maintenance requirements of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, follow manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshoot malfunctions, call for repairs, maintain equipment inventories, and evaluate new equipment and techniques;
- Ensure availability of instruments, supplies and equipment for the department; and
- Any other responsibility assigned to the jobholder by the supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor of Dental surgery degree from a recognized university by Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution
- Registration license from the medical practitioner and dentist board
- Registration with KMPDB and this year’s retention certificate
- Certificate in Dental x-ray will be an added advantage
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics
- Working knowledge of dental x-ray and hygiene;
- Ability to work with and trouble shoot dental equipment
- Basic life support skills
- Patient care skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with copies of their National Identification Cards and Updated CVs, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to the following e-mail on or before 30th November 2022:
Hard copies will not be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Please note that St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting of interview meeting).
St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.