IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
The overall purpose of this job is to provide leadership and management oversight support in the medical services division to ensure delivery of efficient and patient centric medical services in line with hospital policies and procedures and external regulatory bodies
Key duties and responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of the medical services strategy in line with the Hospital’s strategic plan;
- Lead the development and review of policies, procedures, standards, and patient plans of care on behalf of the department as a multidisciplinary team leader;
- Lead performance improvement activities within the assigned units and serve as a representative on interdisciplinary teams;
- Assist in the supervision of professional conduct of clinical staff and ensure adherence to standards of behaviour and compliance while engaged in care delivery;
- Assess and recommend to the Director Medical Services external options for needed patient care services.
- Drive the development of new services;
- Monitor, evaluate, and act to improve the quality of medical care rendered in the Medical Services department;
- Ensure that the admission and discharge criteria for medical patients are adhered to;
- Participate in the utilization review process by involvement in the collection and analysis of data related to medical care;
- Organize regular departmental meetings and use the forum to build consensus and agreement around departmental directions and strategies;
- Prepare and recommend divisional budget content and help to monitor expenses for compliance;
- Attend all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards;
- Ensure strict adherence to infection control protocols;
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment;
- Build, lead and motivate a competent team of medical specialists that will in turn ensure that the division has the right people in the right places to sustainably support the delivery of medical care at the Hospital; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the jobholder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Internal Relationships: All departments
- External Relationships: Regulatory bodies, Patients, Patient Relatives, Other hospitals, Consultants
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery or any medical field from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council or relevant body and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships
- Should have thorough knowledge of the health industry as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity
- Must have strategic leadership skills with ability to build strategic relationships
- Should have high level problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle high level communication
- Should be result oriented with ability to deliver desired outcome
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Must be an honest person full of integrity in their personal conduct and handling of job responsibilities
Responsibility for finances and physical assets
- The jobholder has accountability for equipment, stock and provides budgetary input.
- The jobholder decision making authority is within provided guidelines and in consultation with direct supervisor
- Working Environment: Minimum disagreeable conditions in the environment.
- Job Hazards: The jobholder is exposed to significant hazards such as potential risk of infectious and non-infectious contamination from direct contact with patients.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with copies of their National Identification Cards and Updated CVs, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to the following e-mail on or before 30th November 2022:
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Please note that St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting of interview meeting).
St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.