Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Support the Education Director in the implementation and evolution of the educational strategy for SIR
- Oversee the educational development of the programs in pursuit of the organizational mission and goals of each program
- Take on increasing managerial and technical education-oriented responsibilities for each of our sites: an international school for children living in slums in Kenya, a rehabilitation school for child manual laborers in the DRC, and informal schooling for Syrian children lacking educational alternatives, as well as any further sites the organization opens.
- If not already possessed, study and network to gain the knowledge and understanding of International Baccalaureate required of the role;
- Mentor and supervise a small team of school leaders, supporting their professional growth and increasing their performance capacity with the aim to empower them to run their programs as self-autonomously as feasible
- Ensure the on-site education teams are well-managed and supported, as well as activities implemented and run following the organization’s vision and guidelines
- Track performance and deliverables, providing feedback and assessments based on the program goals and the educational strategy of SIR
- Regularly meet virtually with site personnel to discuss developments and educational strategies and activities
- Write up progress reports for internal staff as necessary
- Monitor weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative data
- Assist with hiring of education department personnel
- Alongside the Professional Development Specialist, help design, coordinate and implement training at all stages of a teacher’s journey through their Professional Pathway.
- Professional experience in a variety of educational settings, including international schools
- Professional experience in international development educational contexts in both field and HQ positions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and professionally develop people in the Education sector from a remote role
- Demonstrated ability to collect, evaluate and respond to regular quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated ability to pursue multiple goals in a complex environment, developing processes and practices which will achieve those goals, and bringing others on board in the endeavor
- Commitment to the cause of empowering site staff to take effective and sustained ownership of their programs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international network of remote staff
- Excellent competence using the Google Suite
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability during the working hours of Europe and Africa
- Working verbal and written proficiency in French and/or Spanish
- Master’s Degree in education, development or related field
- Courses or certifications in school administration or project management
- Experience with the International Baccalaureate system.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***Education Specialist***”, to the address: email@example.com.
At Still I Rise, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thrive on it for the benefit of our programs, our mission, and our community.
You must be logged in to post a comment.