Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Basic job summary:
To be responsible for planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that provides significant income towards the University’s fundraising needs through Strathmore University Foundation. The Position holder shall also be responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual and corporate gifts of small and medium size donations for the different projects and/or priority areas by means of a highly personal and intensive relationship outreach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To identify, cultivate and solicit individual gifts of significant size often for a specific purpose by means of a highly personal and intensive relationship outreach. Greater focus shall be on Unclaimed Financial Assets, Shares for charity and other creative projects like boga points.
- Manage the entire process of individual giving, including contact research and capacity determination, prospect cultivation, donation project conceptualization, periodic outreach, donation achievement, and donor relationship management.
With the assistance of a Development Manager, engage with the entire process of institutional small and mid-level giving by researching, identifying, cultivating, and completing philanthropic possibilities with companies, foundations, individuals and other philanthropic institutions.
Some of the tasks include:
- Identify, research, and target potential corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Investigate and determine suitability of specific donor program opportunities.
- Support the development team with research, data management and other information of potential donors.
- Prepare, edit, and submit funding proposals to institutions.
- Manage administration of institutional funding and compliance with required reporting.
- Establish and maintain the donor and giving database.
Planning & Coordination
- Assist the Executive Director in the formulation of Strathmore University Foundation fundraising strategy in line with the Strathmore University goals.
- Translate University advancement goals and strategies into actionable and measurable tasks and schedules.
- Participate actively in the various aspects of all fundraising and engagement events of the university.
- Promote SUF and enhance the bands affection felt for it by all the stakeholders of the foundation.
- Champion in fundraising activities amongst Senior Members of the University to ensure that all prospects and donors are taken care of.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time as long as it is within the scope of the job and is aligned to the mission and vision of the University.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Finance and accounting qualifications. Marketing or sales qualification, public relations or Fundraising qualification/certification
- At least two years’ relevant experience, ideally in shares brokerage, shares trading, unclaimed financial assets, fundraising environment; or, exceptionally, in a sales or marketing environment.
Competencies and Attributes
- Impeccable integrity
- Adept at long term relationship building, mentoring, individualized teaching
- Research and process skills
- Excellent writing and presenting skills
- Understanding of motivations for giving.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, working under pressure
- Creative and logical approach to strategic planning
- Willingness and ability to work in the evening and at weekends when necessary.
- Extensive work outside office and frequent travel.
Method of Application
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting Development Associate on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd February 2023.