Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- To be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness in the preparation of monthly and annual reports, acting as the watchdog of all transactions, and supporting management in decision-making.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the general ledger, checking for errors and ensuring the trial balance is balanced, coordinate the reconciliation of various control accounts, intercompany transactions, and subsidiaries, and approve e-docs raised by staff and monthly general ledger journal entries for the business school.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management and financial statements analysis, query the monthly accounts for the variance analysis, and explain budget performance results to the Management Board through a financial report presented to the Director Admin and support services.
- Prepare and review audit schedules in readiness for external audits, coordinate the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring auditors are provided with all documentation needed, and prepare annual consolidated and departmental financial statements in line with IAS (International Accounting Standards) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Review controls around financial management, prompt any weaknesses of such controls, and strengthen the internal controls in the finance department.
- Postings for payroll: Support HR in ensuring that the payroll general ledger cleanup is done matching payroll to departmental budget.
- General ledger clean-up for management reports; ensure that all the accounts in KFS are properly reconciled.
- Approve payment vouchers and ensure that all payments are properly supported and have met all the tax and statutory requirements.
- Reconciliations of all the current accounts and other related party transactions
- Prepare financial reports for the regional offices – Assist the departments prepare the annual budget to be consolidated with the overall school budgets.
- Assist the departments prepare the annual budget to be consolidated to the overall school budgets.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related course
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience.
- CPAK Qualification.
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Financial Accountant’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, on firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5.30 pm) Friday, 30th May 2023.
You must be logged in to post a comment.