Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow-IT
Department: Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT)
Reporting to: Research Manager, CIPIT
Basic job summary
The holder of this position will be responsible planning, coordinating, and implementing CIPIT’S research projects related to Information Technology in accordance with the University strategy, policy and procedures, and the funder requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake research activities and investigations in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Research Manager and the Director in order to realize the objectives of the research projects.
- Work as Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator on Research Projects, specifically those related to Data Governance, being mutually supportive and covering duties as necessary during colleagues’ absences and at times of additional pressure, as directed.
- Responsible for studying the existing policies and procedures in the countries of study that ensure data is used and governed properly.
- Convene, facilitate, and support project meetings, both internally at Strathmore and externally with stakeholders
- Develop high quality reports, academic papers and journal articles of publishable standard based on the analysis of data and literature with a clear and engaging writing style.
- Serve as the project coordinator for some of the projects by convening meetings with partners, collating reports and submitting reports to the donor(s).
- Make presentations at national or international conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events of a similar standing and identify ways to disseminate research outputs informally via various forms of public engagement.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law, or a relevant Social Science.
- Proven academic track record and a strong publication record
- Relevant experience in research in law/policy for ICT, and 2 years relevant working experience or more is preferred.
- Experience in establishing and executing data governance or data engagement programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in enterprise data management, data governance, and data quality principles and methodologies.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong experience in stakeholder engagement and people and relationships management is required.
- Experience in cross collaborating with multiple teams – change management and communications planning and execution expertise is a plus
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to understand and manage the research process
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Junior Research Fellow-IT” on the subject line to email@example.com by 31st January 2023.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.