Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
JOB TITLE: People and Culture Manager – Kenya Small Business Development Centers (KSBDC)
DEPARTMENT: Strathmore University Business School
REPORTING TO: Assistant Program Manager
JOB PURPOSE: The People and Culture Manager will manage, develop, lead and direct the routine functions of the People and Culture (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare recommendations to top management concerning people and culture policies and practices with guidance from Creative Associates Human Resources.
- Develop human resource plans and strategies to meet organizational, contractual, and local Kenya labour law requirements.
- Ensure that the program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations in Kenya and the at county levels.
- Adapt and develop Creative policies regarding human resources activities, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Ensure proper procedures are in place for the recruitment and selection of new personnel.
- Liaise with the MEL team on the training of personnel on the new procedures and then follow up with them to ensure that all proper procedures are being properly applied.
- Train staff in proper contract documentation and filing.
- Assisting in the creation and execution of surveys/polls that may be needed during the Program period.
- Represent KSBDC in relevant meetings.
- Conduct research concerning local benefits and employee relations, as requested.
- Process, verify and maintain documentation in accordance with Creative digital record keeping relating to personnel activities, including recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Study and analyze positions and prepare position descriptions based on job responsibility questionnaires and personal interviews.
- Record and track data from position descriptions and job salary evaluations to ensure compliance with the local compensation plan (LCP), consistency, equity, and accountability.
- Identify staff vacancies, recruit and interview candidates, contact candidate references, and perform work history authentication along with background checks to select applicants. –
- Ensure employee orientation, provide dress code information, provide comprehensive information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, benefits, professional development opportunities and promotion.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, health and safety protocols, and team building and wellness programs.
- Advise managers on all organizational policy matters, including equal employment opportunity, prevention of sexual harassment, anti-trafficking and fraud and abuse prevention. Recommend changes as needed.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives, which includes planning and managing the onboarding process and training for all new hires.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training, and health and safety programs.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering employment contracts, and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- When needed, contract with vendors to provide employee services such as background verification, health and life insurance, and transportation.
- Assist supervisors and staff with understanding and using the Performance Evaluation System.
- Mediate conflict, grievances, and harassment cases.
- Assess labour law risks in consultation with the home office and local counsel and advice on risk mitigation measures to ensure the program has labour flexibility to expand and contract.
- Develop professional HR substantive expertise through continuous learning activities such as attending relevant USAID courses, workshops or meetings, reading professional research journals, or conducting research on industry best practice to support CARI-Guatemala program and staff development.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- University degree in human resources, management, business administration or a related field.
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting and interviewing professional and management candidates.
- Experience working on programs funded through international cooperation is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs across complex organizations with software and systems related to sourcing and management of candidates.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically.
- Certification in human resources is desired.
- Considerable knowledge of employment law is desired.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘People and Culture Manager, KSBDC’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, on email@example.com by end of the day (5.30 pm) Wednesday, 22nd March 2023.
Due to the large number of applications, we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University Business School is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
You must be logged in to post a comment.