Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
JOB TITLE: Private Sector Development Coordinator – Kenya Small Business Development Centers (KSBDC)
DEPARTMENT: Strathmore University Business School
REPORTING TO: Policy Specialist
JOB PURPOSE: The Private Sector Development Coordinator will serve as Kenya Small Business Development Centers (Kenya SBDC) technical and cooperative development manager. The primary role will be to provide technical leadership and program management for the USAID-funded program. The individual will have a role in contributing to the program objectives by working directly with cooperatives, building relationships with cooperatives and stakeholders as well as managing parts of the program. The person will liaise with individuals on the project team in areas of cooperative financial management, business management, business plan development, producer group accounting and operations, governance, financial models, and access to financial institutions and services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide program management for Kenya SBDC Cooperatives Capacity Building and Policy Work.
- Lead implementation of the Cooperative Development Program activities in KSBDC.
- Liaise and regularly visit program partners, including cooperatives, government ministries, organizations and agencies and private businesses.
- Provide guidance to cooperatives through training or mentorship.
- Manage various parts of the program (e.g., work plan, overseeing the budget, track program activities and deliverables, produce donor reports, assist in coordinating M&E activities as directed by the M&E program specialist.
- Ensure the project is compliant with USAID rules and regulations (e.g., maintaining proper records and files, adhering to standard operating procedures, etc.).
- Develop and maintain relationships with National and County Ministries and their leadership.
- Provide support to organize trips and events associated with the program as necessary.
- Keep information and documents up to date on the project.
- Lead capacity building risk assessment and strategies to embed results into the program decision-making.
- Engage with business units and cross-functional stakeholders to align program objectives, roadmaps, milestones and manage key metrics.
- Conduct benchmarking activities and develop resources such as toolkits, checklists, and questionnaires.
- Maintain positive, proactive relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders.
- Contribute to internal and external reporting and communications on program progress.
- Represent Kenya SBDC externally.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- Program management duties such as report writing, event planning, procurement of supplies, services and management of consultants is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or in a related field or comparable years of experience in cooperative development.
- 7 years of experience working with USG-funded programs and cooperatives.
- Experience working with and building the capacity of cooperative businesses and organizations.
- Experience managing relationships with local, regional, and government officials and agencies.
- Strong track record of being flexible and adaptable to program changes and needs.
- Ability to manage support staff.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Private Sector Development Coordinator, KSBDC’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, on firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day(5.30 pm) Wednesday, 22nd March 2023.
Due to the large number of applications, we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University Business School is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
You must be logged in to post a comment.