Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Our client one of the top banks in Kenya that offers a range of finance products seeks to bring on board Software Development Engineer on Test. The person will be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of new and existing automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression tests, test coverage and automation of newly implemented functionalities. The SDET will also work closely with Software developers, software engineers, architects, project, and technical delivery managers to form and follow quality procedures, standards, and specifications ensuring that they are met and deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. He/She will also perform a critical role in the reviews of solution architectures and designs and ensuring that they are in line with the architecture principles, standards, and industry best practices.
- Development, customization, deployment, and maintenance of the reliable and scalable test automation frameworks for all systems and applications.
- Conducting code reviews and ensuring the developed software conform to approved standards, design patterns and best practices.
- Perform Unit Testing and API Testing and Integration Testing and collaborate with developers to conduct end-to-end defect analysis and resolution of defects, and in reviewing test results for maximum test coverage.
- Execution of performance and security testing and ensure that solutions meet the minimum baseline standards and performance benchmarks.
- Test strategy formulation which includes decomposing the business and technical requirements into test scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other testing preparation activities.
- Lead formal reviews of test plans, designs, test scenarios, test cases, and requirements documents with cross-functional teams for both functional and non-functional testing.
- Executes and reports on planned tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems.
- Participate in CI/CD delivery models, create execution pipelines and integrate automation scripts into CI/CD pipeline.
- Supporting solution deployments and in resolving low level systems issues and taking part in resolution of such issues.
- Participate in solution architecture and design discussions and make suggestions to have appropriate changes in design.
- Coach and mentor QA Engineers in test automation best practices, frameworks and SDET discipline.
- Management and maintenance of Test Environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field of study
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
- Having the following professional qualifications is an added advantage: ISTQB / ISTQB Agile Tester Certification / Certified Test Engineer (CSTE) / Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) / Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST) / CMSQ (Certified Manager of Software Quality)
- Possess a solid understanding of testing principles, testing types, and methodologies.
- Highly proficient at debugging issues – learn debug tools like – Chrome Web Debugger.
- Ability to write reusable code/scripts and hence they should be proficient in at least one scripting language e.g python.
- Knowledge and experience in API testing using POSTMAN and Soap UI
- Experience in White box testing tools and techniques – like Mocking frameworks (Mockito)
- Good Understanding of architecture principles and standards of applications and general client-server model.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and programming languages like Java, C#,.NET
- Good understanding DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery concepts (CI / CD) and experience in using CI tools like Jenkins/Bamboo and code versioning tools like Git.
- Experience with at least one automation frameworks such as Selenium and Katalon studio.
- Good understanding and experience in performance testing as well as writing simple scripts using open-source performance testing tools like JMeter.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies using the Sprint/Scrum methodology of agile.
- Knowledge of public cloud technology platforms like – Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development.
You must be logged in to post a comment.