Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Systems administration, engineering and provisioning, operational support, Project management and maintenance
System administrator Engineering and provisioning
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Install and configure systems IAS infrastructure applications or any other management applications.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage e.t.c in accordance with standards and project operational requirements.
- Contribute and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Develop and maintain systems standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of schedule jobs and backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions. Perform daily backup operations, regular file archival and purge as necessary and create, change delete user accounts as per request and authorized.
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures.
- Provide tier III and other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly and upgrade administrative tools and utility.
- Upgrade and configure systems software that supports IAS infrastructure or any other application per project or operational needs.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Maintain data Centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU memory and disk partitions as required.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum University Degree in Information technology from a recognized University
- Minimum 3 years’ experience system and database administration in a busy corporate environment.
- Oracle database administration/ PLSQL certification
- Project management skills and certification
- Additional certifications in various ICT professions will be an added advantage (Microsoft, Linux, networking etc.)
- Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Sharp troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Thorough knowledge of windows and Linux environment
- Excellent skills in oracle environment (database administration, java ,forms and PLSQL)
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to analyze a problem and provide resolution
- Extensive knowledge on personal computers
- Excellent communicator with ability to work effectively in a diversified set up and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- The ability to think logically and creatively
- Proven ability to respond quickly, independently and appropriately.
- Personal organization and thoroughness coupled with the ability to work under minimum supervision with good Judgment and decision making skills.
- General knowledge on industry principles
Higher Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)